Off-Topic

Kharn - The Mantis King
Does anyone know what happened to @Kharn ? I miss his regular posts on his mantis kingdom which were both informative and entertaining. A man truly passionate about his critters.

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
There was a bit of a disagreement a while back because he was feeding live animals to his mantis' for entertainment value. When the debate about animal ethics came up it got a bit heated and he left. It is a shame because he was one of the few mantis keepers on here, but I definitely see the point that was made against him...

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
He posts on Facebook, and recently revealed his 'superhero' identity as the Mantis Man. He has a full leather outfit he is kitting out with mantis appendages (or replicas of, wasn't sure). Also recently read that he chose his mantis obsession over his partner, so he is definitely giving his passion his full attention still.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
He posts on Facebook, and recently revealed his 'superhero' identity as the Mantis Man. He has a full leather outfit he is kitting out with mantis appendages (or replicas of, wasn't sure). Also recently read that he chose his mantis obsession over his partner, so he is definitely giving his passion his full attention still.
55223685.jpg

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
He passed obsession about 2kms back mate, lol. I dunno why everyone gets their panties in a bunch about live foods. This is NATURE, it's NATURAL for them to eat live animals. :banghead

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
So he basically shrunk himself and learnt how to breathe under water lol.
Good on him for having a passion but he certainly fits in the "weirdo" category.

Cosby

May 14, 2013
Look, I'm all about getting enjoyment from the hobby, and being passionate....

But this is some next level shit, right here.

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
I still talk to Kharn on FB. He is decidedly one-track for sure. He's moved his business off-shore I think and only spends half the year here in Australia. He has big plans for the humble mantis - don't be surprised if there's a movie some day lol Last i saw he was selling off all his tanks & stuff in preparation for a whole new set-up. I think he's still got stuff for sale on FB if anyone wants any :)