LFS Reviews Archive

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
I honestly don't know what to make of this shop.

It has no parking as the service road is always full of workers cars from the surrounding factories & the three carparks they have are usually blocked.

It was where I bought my first marine fish and they had to sell me something from their display tank as there was little stock. They told me I need to be there on a Friday when stock comes in. Three years later they're still telling me the same thing, except when I've gone in on a Friday. Then they told me that the suppliers had very little to buy just then. Funny because all the other lfs had plenty that day.

I rarely go there now although I drop in occassionally if I've been up the road to Fishworld.

They do however have a massive fish only marine tank next to the counter and built into the floor and wall of the factory. Any bigger & you could use it as a lap pool & it is always interesting to look at.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I wonder where all the old reviews of Keysborough went? I'm positive that there used to be a stack of reviews for it here (none of them were particularly good if I recall). Perhaps it was just discussed in a forum thread.....

Every time I've gone in, the marine room is pretty average - especially the coral tank in the middle. Last time I was there I was almost prepared to buy a coral to save it only to find out that they were trying to sell it at full value. None of the times prior to that have I even considered that.... There were a lot of very, very unhealthy (and some dead) corals in the tank and it looked fairly neglected every time. I've never seen a large variety of corals either - but that could just be to do with bad timing.

That monster tank when you walk in the door, and that massive long one up the side are pretty cool displays though, though I think if you're going to make them focal points, you probably need to try to keep them a cleaner (even if that looks to be a bloody epic undertaking). Looked like they have plenty of fish and plenty of hardware in stock.
I much prefer Fishworld... I've never walked out there with less than 2 or 3 corals.

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
I forgot to mention that their marine tanks holding stock for sale, tend to be full of apstasia. You can select any rock from any tank including their curing tank which is full of crabs, some big enough to eat.
awww.masa.asn.au_phpBB3_images_smilies_rtaw_devil.gif

I would never get live rock from there.

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
been there twice, disgusting. there tanks are dirty, very dirty. corals looks terrible like there basically dead. theres no car park. the store smells. its always dark in there and stock is average.

its actually quite sad. i walk out of there feeling sorry for all the fish and corals as they all look average and there houses (tanks) are pitiful. for an aquarium shop its disgusting. dont waste your time.

i would like to see them close the doors so the live stock dont live like that no more. its that bad.