Reef Discussion

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Just Dodged A Bullet
My nem went for a walk the other night, left the underside of his rock cave, went over the top of the rock and back in the other side. So I have been keeping an eye on him.
A few minutes ago I just happen to have a look in the tank to see where he was and caught him about to walk into my power head.
I got him off easily with a credit card and have him in a basket ready to sell.
Shit that was close.

IMG_1148.JPG

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
I've got 5 nems in my nano, I *almost* wish one would give a wavemaker a hug ")

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I don't know how people sleep at night with nems and powerheads in range of one another! My anemones are in prison in a breeder box until I have a tank set up that is safe for them.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I've only had one BTA decide to go on walk about and end up in the powerhead. That ended up as 3 BTAs, lol. The Condylactus that I've had for 3 years used to wander too until I got pissed off and scraped him off the glass and put him in the rocks. I guess he thought, whoa, the big guy ain't playing I better settle my ass into the rocks here, lol. Ritteris get close, but they stay about 10cm away from the heads. I sat and watched one one night and it moved back and forth about 10cm before it finally settled in.The main time to worry about anemones is when you first get them and they find their happy place. Now I jinxed myself, the 5 in M's cube will decide they wanna go wandering now, lol. That would be good, I need to thin the herd a bit anyway.

Boxermom

Nov 10, 2014
I've only had one BTA decide to go on walk about and end up in the powerhead. That ended up as 3 BTAs, lol. The Condylactus that I've had for 3 years used to wander too until I got pissed off and scraped him off the glass and put him in the rocks. I guess he thought, whoa, the big guy ain't playing I better settle my ass into the rocks here, lol. Ritteris get close, but they stay about 10cm away from the heads. I sat and watched one one night and it moved back and forth about 10cm before it finally settled in.The main time to worry about anemones is when you first get them and they find their happy place. Now I jinxed myself, the 5 in M's cube will decide they wanna go wandering now, lol. That would be good, I need to thin the herd a bit anyway.

Yep, you called it....now there's one in the overflow.