Reef Discussion

Tannum_Paul

Jun 18, 2015
Tannum Sands
Just After Some Info
Hey all,

Just chasing some info on the white dots that have just appeared on my coral.............sorry about the pic I cant get a closer shot.

They are white, on all heads, sort of look like fish eggs, only appeared over night, coral looks very healthy and feeds well.

IMG_0435.JPG

jart

Apr 10, 2015
I am still a relative newb, so keep that in mind...

Looks like your tank is BB, but your pic looks like my corals when one of my fish is sifting the substrate for food and some "grains" drop out of their mouth and land temporarily on my coral. Probably way off base in your situation, but that was what came to mind when I saw your pic. Hope you get it solved.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I would get something like a turkey baster and just give them a gentle squirt to see if they just blow away. If they do, just watch and see if they come back again, and in the same position. I've had things like that on coral and they just come and go.

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Even in BB tanks you still get bits of grit from worms and things burrowing in your live rock. Haven't you guys ever seen little pebble like stone falling out of holes in the live rock?

I wonder if the white bits might be leftovers secreted from the heads of your coral?