Tank Journal Archive

netty_3164

Mar 8, 2014
John's Bed-side Nano Reef
Hi guys,

Just sharing some pics my new nano I set up approximately a month ago. Currently the fish are in the holding tanks but I'll be looking to add my pair of black and white ocellaris in soon. Current inhabitants include turbo snails, nassarius snails, two burnt sausage sea cucumbers and a two 'single' coral banded shrimps that I am attempting to 'pair up'.

Enjoy & close up pics of corals will be posted at later time ;)

ai775.photobucket.com_albums_yy32_netty_3164_DSC_0043Copy_1.jpg

ai775.photobucket.com_albums_yy32_netty_3164_DSC_0037Copy_1.jpg

netty_3164

Mar 8, 2014
Sorry for the late reply but thanks all for your kind words!
For lighting I'm using 2x24W T5HO tubes, additionally I have two DIY blue LED strips to make the colour of the corals 'pop'.
The tank is 60x30x38cm which is the perfect size to slot into my bedside space. Unfortunately the larger CBS did end up snacking on the male whilst he was moulting (my fault for being impatient and releasing both into the setup too early).

Anyhow, I'm quite happy with how the tank is progressing. Since the last update, I've made a DIY frag rack, added more zoa frags, a leather coral, a miniature scolly and various discosoma and rhodactis. It seems every piece of rock has colonies or specs of coraline algae which is wonderful to see :D

netty_3164

Mar 8, 2014
Plenty of scuffling between the three larger perculas initially & it was kind of worrying as scales were being ripped off with every bite. However once their hierarchy was established, it has been peaceful ever since :)

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Nice selection of softy's there, they look great growing amongst each other. It is so weird seeing 4 clowns together in an aquarium! I guess I'm so used to just seeing a pair.