Help / Suggestions

JayKay

Feb 9, 2012
JayKay Banned
http://www.thereefuge.com.au/board/threads/natural-waste-management-system-and-little-display-tank.3333 - Continued - The Reefuge.

Bedazzle? MY results mean all to me with MY part of the hobby,not some ones opinion on something they have no idea about, a natural system!

I would like to hear more about these "results". All we have seen is pictures of your tank. You keep telling us how your methods are so much better than what anyone else is doing, yet you have done nothing to backup your claims. You have been asked repeatedly to prove what you're saying is true and show us, to which you reply with what you say above.

If your results mean everything to you but you don't care about anyone elses opinion, why do you keep posting about how good the method is? Surely you don't want people to just follow your example blindly, only going off the photo's of your tank as proof that the method works?

I'm just very confused.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
I would like to hear more about these "results". All we have seen is pictures of your tank. You keep telling us how your methods are so much better than what anyone else is doing, yet you have done nothing to backup your claims. You have been asked repeatedly to prove what you're saying is true and show us, to which you reply with what you say above.

If your results mean everything to you but you don't care about anyone elses opinion, why do you keep posting about how good the method is? Surely you don't want people to just follow your example blindly, only going off the photo's of your tank as proof that the method works?

I'm just very confused.

Hello.... again.... "@JayKay",

I firstly would like to thank you for showing that The Reefuge is not on top of things all the time, and in some cases we do miss something. We banned your original account (as you are well aware) for trolling, and you signed up using a different account on the 9th of Feb - shame on us for missing that.

I am saddened however that if you went to all the trouble of registering a new account, you would have learned from your mistakes the first time about where trolling gets you on The Reefuge. Yet, you sign up using a different name, and proceed to troll someones post. Do not get me wrong, I am going to ban you again, but I would like to give you a suggestion of how to properly conduct yourself on The Reefuge should you decide to make a third account to visit the site you obviously can't stay away from.

I believe that learning by example may work in this case, so I am going to rewrite your comment in a way where you not only don't get in trouble for trolling, but you are more likely to get a decent response.

This is how it is done said:
I would like to hear more about these results. We have seen is pictures of your tank, and read about your methods, but we would like to see some results of the methods used to learn from.

It will be much better if you provided results, as the photos do not help in regards to proof about the method

I'm just very confused.

As you can see, you got your questions across in a nice manner, and the OP is likely to respond in a similar manner.

It is very unfortunate when an administrator of a fellow reef forum (one that states that it is there to better the hobby in Australia) continues to come back to The Reefuge for the sole purpose of causing trouble. You should focus on bettering your community, not trying to dismantle mine. This is the last warning I am going to give you, next time I will not be as kind.

Thanks.

JayKay

Feb 9, 2012
I just want to know more about his tank and his results. Nothing sinister or underhanded going on. There are lots of claims and little to no proof.

I love the guy!

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Given that this was posted in the public forum I assume it is okay to comment.

I have no idea what the previous username was or the trolling that got it banned, but I think banning based on this comment or any of the other four the account has made is extremely harsh. He is not rude, he does not call anyone names, and the comment is pretty much as I would write it. It seems like this issue is more due to the 'administrator of a fellow reef forum' (again I have no idea which) than the 'trolling' itself.

I know from personal experience that being a forum admin is not easy at times (I am one myself and have been for 6 years), but I also like to have transparent communication with forum members so hope you feel the same (and I guess you do based on this thread).

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
We have had issues with him in the past, that is why this time there was no tolerance.
It was the admins decision this time.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Given that this was posted in the public forum I assume it is okay to comment.

I have no idea what the previous username was or the trolling that got it banned, but I think banning based on this comment or any of the other four the account has made is extremely harsh. He is not rude, he does not call anyone names, and the comment is pretty much as I would write it. It seems like this issue is more due to the 'administrator of a fellow reef forum' (again I have no idea which) than the 'trolling' itself.

I know from personal experience that being a forum admin is not easy at times (I am one myself and have been for 6 years), but I also like to have transparent communication with forum members so hope you feel the same (and I guess you do based on this thread).
Hi chimaera,

As you can see, the post was written with a bad attitude, and yes it is rude. I have never seen you post in anyway like that on these forums. It is expected that members treat one another with respect, so his post firstly did not fall into that rule, as he had an attitude to begin with. He also did similar things when this forum was just one week old, he went around trolling peoples threads trying to keep the community down. If you want to see evidence of this, look through the older posts I made.

By allowing posts like this, the community will not be the community it is now. Being a board admin yourself, you know how difficult it is to run a forum, let alone keep the culture the way you believe it should be. If he is happy to have his way of talking to people at his community, that is completely fine too - it is his community, and he has a right to run it as he thinks it should be ran, and I respect that. However, he should also respect how I choose to run this community.

This post was nothing more than a troll member coming over here to cause trouble (again). He was banned previously for the exact same thing. There is no issue with him being the administrator of another forum. There are members here who are moderators and administrators of other forums, and not once have I had an issue with them - ever. In fact, we get along quite well. I have no idea why that particular member decided to make life difficult for this community, but he made his choice, and I am totally fine with that.

As far as transparency, this community is as open as we possibly can be. Everything is done out in the open, we let users know what is happening back stage, and the community in general is open and free. I would like to keep this great community growing, and having members like that around is simply not going to happen.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
I also would like to add however, that under normal circumstances the user will be issued a warning, not banned immediately. This is only because the user was warned, multiple times, then banned. Now the user is banned again, under a different account.

Thanks.

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
I agree,
there is no excuse for a bad attitude. A message is more likely to initiate an INFORMATIVE response (and one that will be of benefit to this community) if it is done with respect. It is simple, if you do not agree with a post, and you can not polietly convey your messsge, the best to ignore the post!

I for one am interested in the methods of others, and by no means do I consider my techniques to be optimal. The point of this forum is to share our ideas is a respectful manner. Should we feel the need to attack others or decorate ourselves by putting others and/or their opinions down, then this should be done elsewhere!