News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
January Update
Hello everyone,

Due to the cost of hosting The Reefuge each month, I can no longer afford to keep the site online as I have been doing. Some of you may not know this, but I fund The Reefuge completely on my own. VIP memberships help to lower bill I need to pay each month, but ultimately memberships fall well short of what they need to generate.

Now, some of you may know that I have been working on a business project called uFlix. To keep a long story short, uFlix needs powerful infrastructure to work, such as powerful servers. I am going to be moving The Reefuge to the uFlix network as soon as possible. This may seem bad, but it is actually a huge win for The Reefuge as it provides two things.

1. It removes the cost of an additional server I pay for each month just for The Reefuge.
2. It puts The Reefuge in Australia. This means that the site is going to run extremely fast for Australian users. If you think the site runs relatively fast now, you are in for a huge shock.

This kind of sucks because everything needs to be moved to a new server, and that means there will be downtime. On the bright side, the site will be running extremely fast.

If you guys want to help with The Reefuge then please consider purchasing a VIP membership. These things really help me out with the running of the site, and also allow for funds to grow in order to get things built for the site.

If you have questions, please feel free to ask and I will answer them.

Thanks.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
oh....as above, good luck and if downtime means faster up time then all good. Will us computer illiterates have to do anything differently to continue using the reefuge site ?

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
oh....as above, good luck and if downtime means faster up time then all good. Will us computer illiterates have to do anything differently to continue using the reefuge site ?
Nothing at all :)

Gordon

Jan 29, 2013
Casula
Hi mate. This site is well worth living with a little down time. I don't have any interest in VIP membership to be honest but do want to support the site. I did just try to purchase membership but when I tried to pay for 1 yr $50 it didn't work (gave some message about an old version of PayPal?

Reactions: MTG

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
The move went well it seems. The site may be running a little bit laggy, but that is only because I have not installed some software to speed it up. Once that is in, the site will run faster than before.

Thanks.