Help / Suggestions

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
issues uploading pictures
When i upload the pictures , it fully upload then i have no other options. to add them to the post, what the reasons why this is happing.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello chris B,

I am looking into this issue, but I think that the software believes it may be a corrupt image file. I have tested upload of images and all of them have worked for me. I believe that if the image is converted from the raw file into a .jpg image in the camera itself, it makes the forum software believe it is a potential malicious code masked as a .jpg and does not upload it.

If you open up your files in an image editor, and then save them locally, it should work without a problem. This is what I have gathered so far, but I am still looking into this issue.

- Hope this helps :)

Thanks.

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
im haveing the same dramas.... have cut down pics in paint just to reduce the upload size and they wont load ???

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
Try doing it on your camera, it will cut and sharpen but it wont change the image type. Thats what i do and i just uploaded 8 pics just then to my TJ

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
Will do when I'm back on pc :) hey is there anyway you can make it possible to load pics straight from iPhone to the site ?

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Will do when I'm back on pc :) hey is there anyway you can make it possible to load pics straight from iPhone to the site ?
Thanks.

Currently there is no plugin to go from phones to the site. But I will look into it when the mobile theme is finished and see if it is possible, and if so, if it is worth doing and what system resources it will use.

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
this uploads are still the issues with this site, i have no choice but to use tiny pic as when i upload from pc it will not attach to the post

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
i have found the bug, its a file bigger than 1mb, it will not upload the pics, is there a reasons for the site stopping that happing