Off-Topic

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
:welcome

you should start up a tank journal and use the sub-thread option to make a thread in there so people can see your progress :) click on mine in my signature, not the best tank journal here but gives you an idea of what i mean, we do TJ's different here is really fun to navigate through :)

Fossil

Dec 3, 2013
Hi everyone, I am a definite newbie. Have had various freshwater tanks over the years and have got the bug now and want to start a reef tank, I have just bought a 4x2x2 with a sump from eBay an am hoping to be able to start the tank in the newyear ( we have to move first) .Am going to need help with plumbing ,lighting and lots of other things I imagine. We live in Brissy. That's enough about me for now I guess. Don't want to bore everyone. Hope I can get what I need from this forum and am sure I will from the reading I have done so far.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Hi everyone, I am a definite newbie. Have had various freshwater tanks over the years and have got the bug now and want to start a reef tank, I have just bought a 4x2x2 with a sump from eBay an am hoping to be able to start the tank in the newyear ( we have to move first) .Am going to need help with plumbing ,lighting and lots of other things I imagine. We live in Brissy. That's enough about me for now I guess. Don't want to bore everyone. Hope I can get what I need from this forum and am sure I will from the reading I have done so far.
hey mate :welcome

as i mentioned to Joey, the next step is getting a tank journal happening, its even better when you havent got your tank yet or havent started filling yet, mine is the perfect example, started june 29 and tanks not due here til end of march lol

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Hey :welcome

The next step i guess is to make a tank journal to post up all these questions and show you progress :) you can see above ive showed @joey13 nows the best time because you dont have have the tank yet or not setting it up yet, its a lot like mine...ordered on July 29 this year and wont be here til i think end of feb lol :( bu tracking all my progress asking all my questions so when it comes im ready :)

Fossil

Dec 3, 2013
Thanks so much for the welcome guys. I will attempt to stert the journal in the next few days.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

adam64

May 13, 2012
Hey guy's I've been signed up here for a while but haven't been posting much ey...I want to post up a pic of my tank, but not a journal...where would the best place to do that be? Thanks! @Sarg

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Boy oh boy lol
Just use the journal template and post up 1 pic lol you don't have to keep using it. Otherwise general reefing forum I guess.

Recon you can manage that ;-)

adam64

May 13, 2012
Boy oh boy lol
Just use the journal template and post up 1 pic lol you don't have to keep using it. Otherwise general reefing forum I guess.

Recon you can manage that ;-)
She's up mate...general reefing...get into it!

Matt_95

Dec 16, 2013
Hey all, I found this forum when I ordered the light from my pico from Naqua. I have kept a few FOWLR in the past and I had a nano with a crispa anemone and a pair of clowns, I can't recall the species off the top of my head, they were similar to clarkii, but they were from Moreton Bay.

Currently I have a 17 liter pico on my night stand, and I am planning for a 45cm cube mixed reef to house a pair of occies or percula. Speaking of which, does anyone know of any breeders in Brisbane?
I am also considering converting my Malawi cichlid tank into a FOWLR, but I am not sure if I would need a chiller for that?

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Hey mate :welcome

Start up a couple threads under the relevant subheadings and we will all chime in and help out wherever we can :)

RCanik

Imported Canadian
Dec 23, 2013
Ballarat
Hello All! My name is Randi and I'm new to this site and to Australia (well, moved here in June) but have some experience with reefing. I have a 17L pico currently cycling (and taking aaages) and am in the process of setting up a 6x2x2 reef at home, hopefully I'll have that at least up and cycling in the next month or so.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Hi Randi! Welcome to The Reefuge AND Australia :) So what do you think of the Australian people so far, are we a bit nuts?

RCanik

Imported Canadian
Dec 23, 2013
Ballarat
Hi Randi! Welcome to The Reefuge AND Australia :) So what do you think of the Australian people so far, are we a bit nuts?
Well I like you guys enough to be marrying one in March haha. It's fantastic here, fell in love with the place the first time I visited last year and it was pretty much set in my head that I was going to move here for work....the whole finding a man and such was a bonus! Especially one that - although he doesn't really get the whole keeping fish thing - is helping me out huge!

nanoreefer

Dec 29, 2013
Brisbane
Hi everyone! My name is Blake Tieken and i am making the leap from freshwater to saltwater with my first nano reef. The tank is cycling with live rock atm so i will post pics when it is all pretty haha.

Cheers.