Off-Topic

ezza

Sep 17, 2017
Wellington, NZ
I'm Sorry
Dear All,

I am sorry if I have ever offended you. Hurt you. Been rude to you. If I've been too weird. Unexplainable. Grouchy. Emotionally unhinged... or whatever. I get scared and anxious and the weirdness just oozes out of my pores.

Life hasn't gone the way I expected, I am human and I make lots of mistakes. I can't guarantee I will ever do or say the right thing and I will never ever be who people want me to be. I can only be me, and I am a broken human- especially in the "real world".

This forum has been a very important part of my life for many years. I appreciate all the help, support and love I have received. My aquarium has been a real-world exercise in developing real-world life skills. Patience, the ability to think under pressure, personal strength and resilience.

@Sam Parker, sorry. I would be nowhere without you.
That's really it. Just sorry.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Hey Erin,

good to have you back, was a sad day when you left The Reefuge. No need to apologize, everything is all good! None of us are without our intricacies, it's what makes us who we are and you are always welcome here :)

Sam

ezza

Sep 17, 2017
Wellington, NZ
Hey Erin,

good to have you back, was a sad day when you left The Reefuge. No need to apologize, everything is all good! None of us are without our intricacies, it's what makes us who we are and you are always welcome here :)

Sam
Thanks @Buddy, @ReeferRob and @Sam Parker. Hopefully once my body is functioning properly, the rest of me will be normal again too :p Sam, I hope you are ok now. How are you feeling now that you have had some recovery time?

I'm waiting to go in to surgery now to get my left hand fixed. It's a bit anxiety provoking. They're running pretty late so I will be in overnight. Now I can at least relax knowing we're ok.

Xxxxx *hugs the forum*
IMG_3307.JPGIMG_3310.JPG IMG_3311.JPG IMG_3313.JPG IMG_3289.JPG IMG_3329.JPG E77EACC4-8B03-46B0-BF98-14A95FC6EA88.jpg

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Yeah all good here, hospital lost a record of what stents they put in me which inhibits follow up MRI’s, but other than that debarcle, good as gold!

Good luck with the hand.
Sam

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
The real worry is that they should have the barcodes for the items inside my body should there be a product recall or something.... ah well, gotta move on :)

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
The real worry is that they should have the barcodes for the items inside my body should there be a product recall or something.... ah well, gotta move on :)
All of those stents have serial numbers so they damn well have better written them down and somewhere, someone should have mapped their location. I have 2 IVC filtres in my left left from it getting crushed to catch any clots that might have gotten loose. They're coming out next week, seems they have a nasty habit of breaking and traveling to your heart or lungs.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
All of those stents have serial numbers so they damn well have better written them down and somewhere, someone should have mapped their location. I have 2 IVC filtres in my left left from it getting crushed to catch any clots that might have gotten loose. They're coming out next week, seems they have a nasty habit of breaking and traveling to your heart or lungs.
This is the problem, they have lost the record. Which is ironic as I work in the records department for a University so am well aware of good record keeping systems (especially digital records which is my speciality!)

ezza

Sep 17, 2017
Wellington, NZ
@Sam Parker , something random I was thinking about... I recall that you were experiencing phosphate or something being leached out of your body due to the tumor. My dog Cloudy experienced something really similar and no one knew why. I was told by a vet that it could be caused by Xylitol, an artificial sweetener. Cloudy had been licking toothpaste, not much- but within a week of this, his body freaked out and he nearly died....

Do you swallow toothpaste or consume artificially sweetened mints/gum/breath freshener at all? It just came to mind and had me thinking.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Hey Erin,

hahaha na can't say I every swallow my toothpaste or consume excess artificial sweetener. I do go through about 1-2 mints a day though, which I would assume are artificial sweeteners?

As far as I am aware, my natural phenomenon of expelling phosphate from my bad has now long gone with my tumor. Happy days :)

acf.chucklesnetwork.com_items_1_3_9_5_1_7_original_toothpaste_a8f7d8c673e7337156961851953a0806.jpg

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
@ezza , Xylitol or any other sugar alcohol can kill dogs and cats. If you're up for reading some funny reviews, read the ones on the US amazon site about the sugarless gummi bears, it's a hoot.

@Sam Parker , here in the US we say that they invented the toothbrush in West Virginia, anywhere else would have called it a teethbrush, lol. You'd have to go up into the mountains of West Virginia to understand that or watch the movie Deliverance.

ezza

Sep 17, 2017
Wellington, NZ
@ezza , Xylitol or any other sugar alcohol can kill dogs and cats. If you're up for reading some funny reviews, read the ones on the US amazon site about the sugarless gummi bears, it's a hoot.

@Sam Parker , here in the US we say that they invented the toothbrush in West Virginia, anywhere else would have called it a teethbrush, lol. You'd have to go up into the mountains of West Virginia to understand that or watch the movie Deliverance.
It's a shame it took my dog nearly dying to find that out :P *off to read about gummi bears*