Reef Discussion

I Seem To Be Doing Something Right
All the fish and the new invertebrates are alive and happy. No problem getting them to eat frozen marine mix -- the Sergeant Majors are particularly enthusiastic. I discovered my starfish is carnivorous, as are my two mulberry whelks, so today I brought home a bunch more Melenerita and Austrococlea for their delectation. I also now have a second Cocos Frill blenny, a larger olive-drab blenny whom I haven't yet identified, and a tiny baby stripey. All settled in instantly and ate well. Plus two little crabs as cleaners -- I'll have to see how they do.

pH is still a touch low but improving (7.8 as opposed to 8.1 in the real Rockpool), and TDS are the same in my tank and The Rockpool, likewise temperature -- 78 F as opposed to 76 F. I'm still waiting for nitrate etc test strips to arrive.

Forget about pH... that's the last thing you should be worrying about right now, keep up your water changes and make sure your Calcium, Magnesium and Alkalinity readings are where they need to be. Then maintain low phosphate levels and Watch your Nitrate levels. Don't over feed and watch out for overloading your nitrification cycle with too many critters in your tank.