Off-Topic

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I Found Something From Australia
The doesn't want to kill me, I want one, hell, I'd build it its own habitat. The first one that tells me that they're mean as Drop Bears will have their hind parts shaved with a broken beer bottle and mace with a saltwater aftershave. :D

https://imgur.com/gallery/AEVorku

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Wombats are nocturnal but, if there are no preditors around then they will adapt to daytime activities - Maria Island is a small island off the east coast of Tasmania and there are hundreds roaming around during the day. They dig large burrows so will probably make a mess of your back yard.

I will try to remember to post up a photo of some taken on Maria Island.

They can bite and scratch but they are not as dangerous as a lot of other Australian inhabitants :)

You might be interested in this story. A tagged 3m Great White shark was suspected of being eaten by a larger Great White - even the man eaters aren't safe :)

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-an...ills-and-eats-3-meter-long-great-white-shark/

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
They're thinking that it could have been an Orca that killed and ate it because the temperature changed on the tag. Great Whites can regulate their temperature somewhat too so who the hell knows. The ocean is one of, if not, the most savage place on this planet.

When I transferred out of the Army into the Coast Guard I swam 5km/day, I was a rescue swimmer so I had to stay in top shape, not completing a mission meant you failed or were killed. I'd head out in the morning at daybreak, rain or shine. So anyway, I'd head out one day this pod of dolphins shows up, hangs around, then leaves. This goes on all summer long, they'd meet me and off we'd go, my spirit guides would watch over me. One day as I exited the water there was splashing, I could hear them talking back and forth and the next thing I know there's a dead shark washing up on shore. This shark must have been watching me, a 4m Tiger shark. When I got back to base I called one of the state fisheries people, they sent out a team and collected the shark. They hit it in the side rupturing its liver and it basically bled out.