Off-Topic

Dynamic

Radio Host
Jul 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I feel old!
Yes, I recently turned 25 and I just feel like I am out of touch with the kids of today. I remember when I was 18, streaking down the road for fun on new years eve. Don't get me wrong I still do that now, but it's just not the same.

I see kids these days, and am like "Hey, I can chill out with these guys" and they are 7 years younger than I...and driving! I feel old...

I almost feel guilty for acting like a 4 year old, but then I look at what options I have and come to the conclusion you can't take life seriously.

Dynamic

Radio Host
Jul 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Man, you know what sucks. Back in 2002 / 2003 I use to host online radio shows. You know, 2:00am on a school night because all the listeners were in the USA. I remember that like it was yesterday. The lighting of the room, where everything was placed, the songs, everything! Even the atmosphere!

That was nearly a decade ago and I do not feel any different as a person. So I have come up with a solution... we need to stop time.
I have thought about it. If we stop time, we can continue being how we are until we decide to throw in the towel. Obviously it is impossible to go BACK in time, so we will need to salvage what dignity we have left and remain young at heart. No responsibilities, not a care in the world.

SO COME NOW! WHO IS WITH ME??

*Dynamic walks towards an unidentified door*

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
You are only as old as you let yourself believe. Given the fact that I am always learnig despite being relatively long in the tooth, I feel relatively young!

Dynamic

Radio Host
Jul 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Not true. What about when you see like an 80 year old dude trying to ride his grandsons skateboard, and the poor old bastard hits the ground hahahahah! He feels 16, but he aint 16.

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Age is relative. To a youngster, you are anchent, to an 80 year old you are a baby. If you convince yourself that you are old, you will be!

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I have to agree with dr_schell on this topic. I am not exactly young, but I don't consider myself old. I don't worry about birthdays - it just means that you are one day older than the day before, and I day is nothing :D

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
I have to agree with dr_schell on this topic. I am not exactly young, but I don't consider myself old. I don't worry about birthdays - it just means that you are one day older than the day before, and I day is nothing :D
I'm probably one of the oldest among you-a lot of you could be my kids given that I have a son who is 20. I don't feel old-I agree with dr schell and Majic on this topic. However , sometimes you have to be careful when you don't act your age like showing off how you can still do the splits in your 40's and then pulling a hamstring!

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
I am nearing my 40's and really I don't feel that much different from when I was nearing my 30's - perhaps a bit more cynical, and a bit more wiser. I interact with people that were born when I started university but am constantly surpurised by the attitudes of the different generations. I do not feel old. However, I often feel perplexed !

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
I'm 27, I started to feel old when I knocked up my misses, haha. Now rather then spending my weekends getting messy with the boys, my weekends are spent completing my house reno's I started a few years ago.

Most of my hobby's keep me young though;)

marineclass

Jul 12, 2011
Gold Coast
i know what you mean about the driving - i just realised I've been driving for 7 years and now im seeing cousins who were toddlers yesterday getting their licence! I wouldnt trade it though - im thinking we are in our prime right now Dynamic :)

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
josh dont get me tempted to start a new expensive hobby (drifting) its allways been somthing i wanted to do. that and diving!