New To Reefing

potatocouch

Jan 16, 2014
Sydney
How Do You Apply Glue Without Taking Out Rocks And Corals?
as per subject, what is the 100% sure-proof way to do it?

I don't intend to take the rocks out and attach it outside the tank, due to the massive live rock size.

I tried putting the glue on the bottom of the coral then dip it into water, then take it out, then put another layer of glue then straight it goes to the surface of the rock where I want it to be attached. no go !

there were occasion where it has worked (1x) :)

how did/do you do it?

Ecotech Coral Glue btw :D

awww.shop.mediabaskets.com_media_sandwich.jpg

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
I do it the same way you are, but once you have pushed it against the rock in the tank, don't move it or remove from the rock to reposition as it will be almost impossible to get it to stick. Once it's on the rock I just hold it for a minute to make sure it won't move. :)

potatocouch

Jan 16, 2014
Sydney
I do it the same way you are, but once you have pushed it against the rock in the tank, don't move it or remove from the rock to reposition as it will be almost impossible to get it to stick. Once it's on the rock I just hold it for a minute to make sure it won't move. :)
Thanks @Synodontis

OOT a bit ... how big is your tank, mate? how many litres in that tank? it looks HUGE !

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
The tank we pulled down tonight was 10x2.5x2.5 @ 2000Ltr's give or take. Current build is 12x4x2.5 @ 4000ltr's give or take. Should have it wet in about 4 or 5 weeks. :)