Help / Suggestions

Ross

Aug 31, 2011
How do I set up email notifications?
Hello,
I have been trying to set up email notifications for my account so I know when someone has asked me a question.
Have I missed something that is staring me in the face?

Thanks.
Ross.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi Ross,

In the right hand corner of the forums (underneath the coral image) you have a small navigation menu.

Ross - Inbox - Alerts - Logout

Everytime something happens that involves you (such as a reply to a post, a reply to a thread you have replied in, if someone liked you, or if someone mentioned your name in a thread) a little red box should show up on top of it with a number. The number represents the amount of alerts you have.

By clicking the Alert menu, it will list a dropdown display of all these alerts. It should have automatically set this to on when you signed up. If by chance it failed to do so, please go to your profile settings (mouseover your name in the right hand navigation, and then click on Personal Details). Please go through and select which options you will like. If you choose to do, you can also recieve e-mail alerts in addition to the standard forum alert.

Also make sure that you are not browsing with our made for mobile skin. In the bottom left hand corner of the forums you will see either "Official Theme" or "Mobile". Please make sure it says "Official Theme". If it does say "Mobile", click it and select "Official Theme".

- Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Ross

Aug 31, 2011
Thanks Reefuge.
This response came through to my email account so I can only assume it's working now.
If I have any other troubles receiving notifications I'll let you know.
Have a great day.