Reef Discussion

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
How Do I Remove Coralmorphs
wp_ss_20151226_0001.png
I have coralmorphs growing on my frag rack, but I want to give the rack a vinager bath so I can start using plugs.

normally I don't care to much for Coralmorphs but these are the type I like.

Any ideas on how to remove them without damaging them?

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Slide a stanley knife blade along under the morph - you should be able to get most of the foot off without too much trouble.

Although looking at your picture, I suspect it will be much easier - the coralline algae doesn't stick very well to the perspex (if that is what your frag rack is made of) - you might be able to get the coralline to lift off in a fairly large piece with the morph still attached.

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
I think MagicJ's suggestion is best.

I would think though that your morphs are probably stuck to the rack itself and the coralline algae has grown around them.

Do you know what these morphs are? I think I have similar ones but have never been able to find out what they are called (if they have a name at all).

Also, if you like these morphs so much, this might be the time to stick the knife in and cut across the entire morph (half-way through the mouth) and then cut each half off the rack as MagicJ said. You might then end up with two morphs from each one (or maybe just one dead one). Really worth having a go at it, especially if you haven't tried this before.