News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hotspots Launched - Competition Open!
Hello everyone,

The Australian Map Hotspots is now open for all members. The Hotspots allow members to add their location on the map so other members can see who lives near by. It also allows members to add LFS's to the map. Here are some of the maps features.

• Add self to map
  • Add LFS to map
  • Add LFS website to map
  • Comment on LFS and review

All users are now free to add themselves to the map. If you allow GeoLocation, it will pinpoint you. It will NOT add you to the map unless you add yourself. If you are not comfortable sharing your address, your suburb will suffice.

Here is where the fun part begins.

Competition

Up for grabs are TWO Aquael Reef Circulators kindly donated by Brett @ Bunarong Aquarium.

The aim is to add as many LFS's to the map as possible. These can be in any state of Australia. The person with the most LFS listings wins. Easy.

All listings must have the fields filled out, along with a description of the store. As an example, the first part of the description would be;

Bunarong Aquarium
Shop 2/3 Overport Road, Frankston
Ph: 03 9783 6083

After that, add a description of the store.

In the address field, the address must also be complete. This means Unit number, street, suburb, state, country.

Competition closes 15th August, 2013.

Good luck!

Get Started

NOTE: Users who do not fill out the listing completely, correctly and do not add a description will not be counted. Only complete listings will be counted towards your total - you can edit your listing anytime before the 15th.

Thanks.

Last edited:

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @Gretzy,

There is a bit of code missing for the moment which is causing the bug. This is normal (for now). It is not exactly a bug as it has been done on purpose. Once all the LFS's have been listed the hotspots will go down for a few days in order to use the information for another part of the site. Once done, they will be available again with all of the information in tact. Users can still add their own location during this time.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

The off-topic posts have been moved to http://www.thereefuge.com.au/threads/hotspots-launched-competition-open-derailed.7772/

To clear any doubt, users are allowed to add stores to the map and edit them at a later date (before the 15th). There is no limit to how many stores a user ads, as long as they are neatly added and complete by the 15th. Those that are not, or stores who are no longer operating will be deleted and not counted to the total. Duplicates will also be deleted.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

This competition is now closed. @vman is the winner! Thanks to his hard work The Reefuge now has an amazing map of Australia.

I would like to thank everyone who participated. Anyone who participated will receive 50 Reefuge Gold points.

Thanks.

vman

Go you Mighty Roosters !!!!
Oct 8, 2011
sydney 2036
Friends,Romans,Country men.......Please lend me your ears.....I would like to take this oppertunity to ask the question....... how Fucking Good am I !!!!!

OH YEAH OH YEAH UH HUH U HUH !!! WHO DA MAN,I DA MAN, WHO DA MAN, I DA MAN :cum:cum:cum:cum:cum:cum:cum:cum

vman

Oct 8, 2011
sydney 2036
well i did initialy,then spent an hour here and there updating and reasearching and stuff just sittin in front of the comp
having a few Beeros......

vman

Oct 8, 2011
sydney 2036
Oh shit how rude of me....I would like to thank Reefuge and bunnerong Aquarium and im so happy to actually
win a prize,i have never really won anything before,im wrapped.

:worship

Last edited: