Off-Topic

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Holidays
My two weeks of holidays have now started :)

I thought I would list what I have planned for the next two weeks and then see how successful I was ;)
  • This is a major one - source the materials and build a playhouse for my kids. This is going to take up most of the time - partly succeeded. All wood delivered on Friday - managed to dig a couple of holes yesterday between the rain showers and prepared 5 poles today ready to go in the ground.
  • Over the two weeks, do two major water changes on the tank - planning on 150 litres each time - partly succeeded, It was too windy last week to collect any water. Did a big clean on Friday along with a 160l water change.
  • Mow the grass, probably twice given how fast it is growing at the moment - I have around 2 acres of grass to mow :(
  • Clean out the garage, study and shed - take rubbish to tip
  • Fix the dishwasher - there is an intermittent leak in a pipe somewhere
  • Build my new hood, including finishing off my DIY led build.
  • Get the car serviced
  • Get away for a couple of days with Vicki - leave the kids with grandparents
  • Cut up a tree which fell over a few weeks ago
  • Spend some time with the kids
  • Write some articles for The Reefuge - partly succeeded. Almost finished one article.
That will do for now - I am sure that there will be more things that need doing LOL

Wish me luck.

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
That sounds like my to do list every weekend.... There is nothing worse than spending your whole "holiday" running around like a headless chook. Make sure you do some relaxing in there somewhere or you might as well be at work!

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Satrurday - went to the pub for lunch - not much else done ;)
Sunday - went to parents for lunch - not much else done ;)
Monday - found some plans for a playhouse on the net; went to a timber place for some prices; found a place that sells slides - these are expensive pieces of plastic :(
Tuesday - spent about 5 hours cutting up the tree

I managed to convert this
Tree-1.jpg

Into this And this
Tree-2.jpg
Tree-3.jpg

Also spent a few hours working out what timber I needed - I am OK with the base and walls, but the roof timbers are a bit of a headache. Had a quick look at the dishwasher but I suspect the experts will need to be called in.

Making some progress on my list.....

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Went away with Vicki for a few days to Cradle Mountain - a few photo's here http://www.thereefuge.com/threads/shanes-random-photos.1014/page-2#post-15630

Timber for the play house has been ordered and should be delivered in the next few days. Hopefully, the wind will stop tomorrow and I can collect some water for a water change.

Not too many things have been crossed off the list :( Still a few days to go.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
OK, my holidays are just about over.

Managed to get a few things crossed off the list, but a few not started.

The stupid woman in the timber yard forgot to process my order and so the timber was 3 days late being delivered. The dishwater repair man (idiot!!) forgot to order the required part and so this won't be fixed until early next week.

I have a feeling that the playhouse will take up most of my spare time over the next 4 weeks.

Overall, a good holiday - I would probably give myself 7/10 for jobs completed :)

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Bugger of a way for things to go when you're winding up your holidays. I set mine for the first week of january, so hopefully it should involve wires, pumps, pvc piping, arguing with rock and a lot of water :D

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
I feel sorry for all you guys !! I get everything done after work in the afternoons . They joy of not having kids !