Off-Topic

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Hobbies
So what other hobbies do we all have on here? Wondering if there are other hobbies in common with reefers.

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
Lets see... Bodyboarding/surfing, fishing, free diving, spearing, doing collection trips, reefin, reptiles, spiders and scorps, photography, PS3, the wiki haha, travelling, beer, X country MTB, gym and cars... I think that just about covers it... And I wonder why I'm always broke :confused:

Edit - Forgot to mention I used to breed native birds, mostly finches and doves. I think I need to leave my reef tank for a while and get a few colonies started up again to help pay for my reef tank! haha

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Ah there you go, we have scorpions in common. I had a female Black Rock Scorpion (Urodacus manicatus) for 4 years, she died last year and I felt really sad about it. They look awesome under a black light. Easy pet to look after! I have heard they will eat spiders but I never tried it in case the spider hurt her. I HATE cockroaches so if I found one in the house I took great delight in feeding it to her - at least they were useful for something! Do you handle yours? I never did with mine, though it was probably fine.

My hobbies: gardening, permaculture, wildlife rescue, camping, snorkelling, swimming (lake or river, can't stand public pools!), handmade everyday items

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
I haven't had a scorpion for a few years actually.. And I can't remember what species I had either, I just remember it was a common one.. Never handled mine when I had it either. I've got a pair of red kneed tarantulas atm, which I got from a mate in Cairns. Funky lookin little spider they are. But they are getting a bit old now so probably won't have much longer left.. Doubt I will get another pair of spiders or scorps either just yet.. Thinking I'll slowly get back into birds again, I had a small colony of Blue Face finches along with Gouldians and a pair of Diamond doves and Peaceful doves, and of course Zebra finches and King Quails all of which were breeders.. I don't think I have the space to have quite so many where I'm living currently, and the neighbours wouldn't appreciate the noise either lol... Oh and how could I forget camping!! :)

V

'vspec'

Lets see... Bodyboarding/surfing, fishing, free diving, spearing, doing collection trips, reefin, reptiles, spiders and scorps, photography, PS3, the wiki haha, travelling, beer, X country MTB, gym and cars...
Quite a collection of magazines you subscribe to B.... lol

My hobby is practising the matrix moves.... Trust me, it helps when the misses throws things after purposely ...I mean accidentally ignoring her for the last 10min :)

[Broken External Image]:http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/_...d/images/2/2f/Harold_and_his_matrix_moves.jpg

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Spending money, Reefing , spending money, gaming , spending money, pc building , spending money !!!

Sorry Matt, Vicki made me do it !!