Reef Discussion

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
Help Me Id This Strange Invert.
A few weeks ago I got some new LR for my tank! And along with that came hitchhikers. One of which was quite peculiar.

I'll do my best to describe...

I have found it on a few surfaces. But recently on the glass. It is a flat, round disc. That's pretty much it. And when I say flat. It is flat. It is like a really pale blue. A really really pale blue, very slightly blue and incredibly slow moving.

It is about 5mm in diameter, it looks as if it is hard, it isn't soft like a nudibranch is, it is hard, flat and a circle.

dimitri

Aug 15, 2015
  • Nudibranch eggs
  • Spirorbis - Tiny while calcareous worms, that mostly will develop in the dark areas. Filter feeders and a sign your tank is doing well, very common.
Probably one of he two

I have similar on the black back wall of my tank, just showed up

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
I looked them up and I dont think that is them! Thanks for the response though!

Here are some photos:
IMG_8818.JPG
IMG_8821.JPG

Note in the first photo, it is not the new head on the duncan I am talking about! Its the thing closer in the foregorund.

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Limpet of some kind. I have many of them in my big tank. Found a huge one in the return chamber of the sump.
I would guess they are limpets too, but normally limpets have a raised hump.

In the first picture there looks to be a faint pentagon shape. It had me wondering if these could form into a starfish???

Nevertheless, these really look like small flying UFO's that have coincidentally landed in your tank Dean. I bet if you remove one from your tank it will fly away. Nothing unusual.