Reef Discussion

Tom

Oct 12, 2014
Help Identifying Weird Worms
Hi guys,

It's my first post so go easy on me :P Over the past few days i've noticed a whole bunch of these weird worm like creatures moving across the front pane of glass in my aquarium. I have no idea what they are. The tank has been quarantined for the past 6 weeks due to an outbreak of ich so the only things in the tank are a bunch of Nassarius and Turbo Snails (which have been laying eggs like mad lately - but I don't believe these are baby snails) and a Fungia and Zoa. They are only maybe 2-3mm long at the maximum and the picture i took is the best i could manage.

I've attached an image I took of them, I think that's how you post pictures here.
3-11-14 Wierd Worms.JPG

Any tips on what they might be and whether i should try and get rid of them will be appreciated.

Cheers,
Tom

Tom

Oct 12, 2014
Thanks for the tips guys, any idea where i can get some of the Salifert Flatworm Exit online or in Sydney?

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Thanks for the tips guys, any idea where i can get some of the Salifert Flatworm Exit online or in Sydney?
This is a fairly common product which most of the LFS's with a marine section would stock.

What area of Sydney are you in? @NiCd might be able to point you in the right direction.

Tom

Oct 12, 2014
I'm in Sutherland Area. I've order some online from Guppy's. I called my normal LFS (Aquaristic) and they told me there's a bit of a shortage with their supplier doubting they'll have nay for the next month or so. Hopefully Guppy's can ship it to me quickly and I can start siphoning and killing them soon so i can move forward to stock the tank.

mcs

Jun 14, 2014
i used the flatworm exit, worked good for me, there's also another one called flatworm rx or something from another brand.

Tom

Oct 12, 2014
Hey guys,

I've got my hands on some flatworm exit and followed the instructions by siphoning out as many as i coud (hard to do as they're so tiny). I then added the flatworm exit using the recommended dosing guide and the couple i could still see moved around quite a bit for five minutes and slowed down a little but certainly haven't died. I've watched for an hour or so and they were still alive so i added some more as per the instructions and again the couple i can still see seem to be moving around the glass as per usual.

Any ideas?