Tank Journal Archive

parrdog

Sep 19, 2011
Engadine
Just wanted to back up NiCd's thoughts on using garlic.

We also have a Blue Tang that has had various bouts of white spot (only a few spots here and there though) over the years. I also in these instances have soaked pellets in a garlic solution and fed it to the fish. I can't remember the brand of garlic solution I used, it was good though and I kept it in the fridge. Anyway, our Blue Tang is nice and healthy and we've had her (my wife, Kristy calls her Dory) for about 5 years I reckon.

We also just got a little Achilles Tang. He actually went into the tank today. Going on from what NiCd said about Achilles Tangs, I always thought that if I got an Achilles I would also install a UV Steriliser. So, now we also have a UV Steriliser on our tank. I'm not sure how effective it will be, but I'm glad we've got it.

All the best with your fishies :).

parrdog

Sep 19, 2011
Engadine
I just looked it up. The stuff I used was Eco Garlic Elixir. It has a really strong garlc smell to it, it's great stuff. I must order some more.

Jacques Pels

Feb 4, 2017
Gold Coast, QLD
Hahaha... now you are bringing me back to my youth - I used to catch the Mossy larvae from my daphnia pond in the garden.. all fish lover them.
The little bugger is eating, just not the pellets and Mysis I fee the rest of the DT, so if I introduce him to the DT, he will not be able to compete. The trick is to get him to transition to alternate foods. As it is, I have brine shrimp hatching every few days - he has me well trained...so far.
Jac