Reef Discussion

Sean81

Nov 11, 2015
Sydney, South
Hanna Checker/reagents Group Buy
Hi all, I am ordering reagents today and was shocked at a $20 postage for $23 worth of reagents in a envelope basically. So I am looking if anyone in Southern Sydney is also after any Hanna gear.

Or if anyone knows an easier place to get reagents?

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I get my phosphate ones through @Fragalicious they are on the forum and Bek takes care of us pretty well.

Last order the postage is reasonable similar to the above but I had a few corals in with that.

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
@Sean81 i may have a few free you can take if you want... think i only used a couple out of the box (my tank is shutdown presently).

Sean81

Nov 11, 2015
Sydney, South
@lukusis thanks for the offer. If they are going to expire before you get to use them we can sort something out. I do want a large supply also as I test a lot on my little tank.

Scottrotton

HTTPS://REEF.EXCHANGE
Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
I bought 50 reagents last week and found my checker doesnt work, there new and unopened, i either need to buy a new checker or sell the reagents! anyone selling a second hand phosphate checker?

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
I need to drop and grab some reagents for myself (I live pretty local). If you want I could buy yours and post them.

If it's just powder (P04) then I could remove form box and probably get into a standard envelope. If you are after Alk or Ca I'd leave them in the box.

Cheers

Sean81

Nov 11, 2015
Sydney, South
@macca_75 Thanks For the kind offer. I know $20 isn't a lot of money but that can buy me another test kit to cross reference when I'm suspect of results.

@macca_75 only if you are going there anyway and I don't put you out that would be great. PM me if you get keen. Thanks

@Scottrotton funny for checker to fail, did you contact Hanna Support?

Scottrotton

HTTPS://REEF.EXCHANGE
Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
I bought it of a job lot from another reefer so have no proof of purchase etc.

Battery had leaked in it, maybe I should contact them. Worst then can say is no :)

Sean81

Nov 11, 2015
Sydney, South
If you have handy hands you can pull apart and clean any chemicals with rubbing alcohol or contact cleaner and remove any rust and it might come good. Be sure not to damage any copper tracks on the board tho.

Disclaimer: But I have never looked inside myself, so I'm not sure what you will find. Hanna would be best first step I guess.

Last edited:

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
Ive found Hanna to be pretty good, even without p.o.p (i bought a P04 checked from a MASA member, who declined to mention there were no vials inculded, i contacted Hanna who sent me some free of charge).

@Sean81 - sorry for the late reply bud, i just checked the expiry and its dated 2.2015! Which is funny because id been using them right up until i shut my tank down in June (this this year). If you want them to test with etc, send me a self addressed envelope and ill pop them in the post for you :)

Fragalicious

Oct 23, 2013
Sunbury
We can get reagents in. We collect direct from Hanna once a month normally (to avoid their pricey shipping).

We make a pittance on reagents (literally, like a few bucks), so I can't do you any deals, but I can fit up to two or so packs of Hanna Phosphate HI 713 reagents in an envelope for $3.50 postage :)

If you want me to place a group order for you all, I can pick them up next month :) Inbox me either on here or on our FB page - www.facebook.com/FragaliciousFrags

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Just out of interest ...

Is the expiry date on the reagents the same as food - they are there to protect the supplier but are generally good for many months after the stated date?

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Going to Hanna today or tomorrow (assuming they have what I want in stock).

@Sean81 did you still need anything?

Cheers