Reef Discussion

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
What I did with real bad algae/ cyano, I found out 2 of 3 of my rocks were leaching phosphates, my nitrates were always low and phosphates always a bit high. I got a hold of the Quantum phosphate remover, ran that for a few months, the science behind that is the Lanthanum chloride or something like that and it binds the phosphate. So it pretty much pulls it out of the rocks and maybe even the algae??

Anyway after running it for a while if you're actually exporting enough from your general maintenance and just need to clear up an old backlog. That's what I found worked for me

What I did with real bad algae/ cyano, I found out 2 of 3 of my rocks were leaching phosphates, my nitrates were always low and phosphates always a bit high. I got a hold of the Quantum phosphate remover, ran that for a few months, the science behind that is the Lanthanum chloride or something like that and it binds the phosphate. So it pretty much pulls it out of the rocks and maybe even the algae??

Anyway after running it for a while if you're actually exporting enough from your general maintenance and just need to clear up an old backlog. That's what I found worked for me
Thanks. I've got phosphate remover granules, and I think they're starting to work. The dead hair algae has finally broken down and let go of the the other plants and rocks

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
Just remember to keep clearing out the dead stuff otherwise it just breaks down and stays in the system

I thought it was going to be all over for my tank but once I got it cleared up it stayed away