Help / Suggestions

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
had a cool thought...maybe you agreee
ok so i dno bout yall but i know about me and uh th... sorry thats a song hahaha

basically one thing that annoys me when i come to the site the first thing i generally wanna do is update or look at my journal...i go to a post i make and then click on my signature but could be cool if there was an optional section that you could have like a box at the top of the home page you could turn on or off that either has "My Threads Created" or simply "My Tj's"

sounds like a lot or gimmicky but yeah just a suggestion from me, in the suggestions thread where i have posted a suggestion that has come to mind :)

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I was going to suggest using the 'watch thread' option, but it looks like every thread you post in gets 'watched' so that wouldn't work.

Another way could be a 'favourites', so you could flag key threads you want to track?

Then again I believe the Journal system is being overhauled so maybe all of this will be mute before long.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Hi Leo, for the interim you can select 'Post-it' on the first post in your Tank Journal. This will bookmark your TJ for you.

To access, go to your login name in the top right corner of the page and select 'Post-it Bookmarks' from the drop down menu

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
leo we are two steps ahead. the coding is still under construction but just wait for the TJ sections to be released ;)

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
haha 2 steps ahead or one behind? jk should have a projects thread so we know whats in the pipe-line...other than campers between B and C on HARDHAT....MW3 lol

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I was going to suggest using the 'watch thread' option, but it looks like every thread you post in gets 'watched' so that wouldn't work.
Just noticed you can change your preferences not to automatically watch a thread that you create or post in.

Trouble is it is going to take me 30 minutes to 'unwatch' all of the threads in my feed currently! But once done, I'll be using this feature more to keep track of certain threads and TJs (until the new TJ system is in place).

thereefuge - might be better to have this unselected to start with?

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi chimaera,

If this is disabled automatically, your alerts will not work when a user replies to a thread you created or replied to. It will only alert you when you manually select "watch thread" for that particular post. Most users will not click this after posts they make and want to be notified about a response. Because of this, it must stay on as default. However, users who wish to trim down their alerts may select this option, but it will prevent users knowing when a post has been made after they leave the thread.

Thanks.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Oh. I didn't realise that the Watched Threads function was used to power Alerts.

I like the alerts system, but on other forums use Watched Threads as a kind of bookmark system to easily follow certain journals or threads.

I am in two minds now about the fact I just 'unwatched' 17 pages of threads =0/