Help / Suggestions

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Great New Interface, How About Letting Me Create My Own External Links
A bit of a wish list however was thinking with the new layout I would really like say ~5 of my own user configurable menu buttons at the bottom of the LHS menu or a user defined side menu. That way I could launch other web sites (obviously non reef related :) ) in the main window and maybe keep the side menu always visable. Kind of creating a more effective "Home" page for when the browser starts up. Could also startup in full screen mode and loose the browser menu bar.

My Side menu would be access to my profilux controller, Raspberrypi interface and maybe some well known international forums.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @Rob,

If you go to your preferences ( http://thereefuge.com/account/preferences ) in your account settings you will see four fields for inputting a URL. Fill these in. The ones you fill in will display in the sidebar in Access>

I am not going to get technical with variables to name them, so they are named Link #1, Link #2, Link #3, Link #4. This should be enough. Thanks for the suggestion :)

48 minutes to add a requested feature... not bad.

Thanks.

Last edited:

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Hello @chinaera,

You can just use the "New Posts" link in the top navigation bar if you like.

Thanks.
Not from the front page, which I am trying to keep as my default landing page because I love the layout and spot things I wouldn't normally. But from there it's a click to Community, then a click to New posts. This way it's one click ;)

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
basically this has now become my new web hub. I used to load my browser to my favourites page, now just to here with all my links in one place.

Can I make a request, hate to do it with all the great work. But can I name my link? Like I have facebook as Link#1, can I change the 'link #1' to read 'Facebook'? Or a bit of a PITA?

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
basically this has now become my new web hub. I used to load my browser to my favourites page, now just to here with all my links in one place.

Can I make a request, hate to do it with all the great work. But can I name my link? Like I have facebook as Link#1, can I change the 'link #1' to read 'Facebook'? Or a bit of a PITA?
Hello @aussieant32,
Done. Please go to your preferences and update your links.

Thanks.