Reef Discussion

Stretcherboy

Jul 11, 2011
gold coast
Good beginers fish???
Hey guys lookin at getting a some fish for my 2ft nano just wat would be a good fish for a beginer and for this size tank?

I want something with character and not to much$$$ as it will be my first time keepin a marine fish

Dynamic

Radio Host
Jul 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Bicolour Blenny. They are the funniest little dudes to watch, and they are pretty hardy. I don't know how much the normally cost, as I am new to this too. I picked mine up for $50.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I gotta agree with dynamic. Blenny's have so much character. Mine rocks, even if he does like to reorganise the tank often enough to stop my water from looking clean.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Something with feist , attitude and colour ....most damsels ..i have humbugs haha
A damsel on it's own would be fine. Anything else and it would be to teratorial in that size tank IMO,

How many fish were you hoping for mate?

Anthias, chromis, hawkfish, most wrasses , pajama cardinals ( seen many breed in personal aquariums )
are all cheap choices however for a little extra you could get an angel or a butterfly ( i love the coral beauties , flame angels )
the lists goes on , most tangs are a bad choice though because of the limited fswimming room.
goodluck :D
Tim

Stretcherboy

Jul 11, 2011
gold coast
Thanks guys picked up a bicolour today his a cool little fish... Um only looking to have 3 or 4 fish at a max maybe get a pair of clowns or a orchid dotty back or flame angel down the track

Tang

Jul 21, 2011
Sydney
Tank bred Occys are tough as nuts. You can also source a tank bred Orchid Dottyback.

There's your tank.

V

'vspec'

Anthias, chromis, hawkfish, most wrasses , pajama cardinals ( seen many breed in personal aquariums )
are all cheap choices however for a little extra you could get an angel or a butterfly ( i love the coral beauties , flame angels )
the lists goes on , most tangs are a bad choice though because of the limited fswimming room.
Im sorry, but assuming a standard 2fter, every single species mentioned is pushing it. Let along water quality issues with new comers.
Hell, cultivate your algae patches with the damsels I say, once you progress your understanding, then step up