• No

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
I have had some pretty freaky experiences in the past! there is definately something that goes on after we die thats for sure.

anyone had visits from past friends or families at night and just woken up and seen figures standing over you watching you while ya sleep?
I may sound a little nuts writing this lol. but I have!

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
My parents place, that I lived in for about 10 years was built in about 1860. Original owner poisoned himself with strychnine not long after. A few people have died in the house since then.

Always had things happen:
- Lady down the end of the street refused to walk past the house let alone go in it.
- A relative said she had a visit from her dead mother
- A friend when I was a teenager refused point blank to sleep in the spare room - the suicide room as it turns out. Didn't know the stories, and he was a tough nut, but was scared of the room.
- Other relatives have mentioned being touched and things moving in room at night.
- Once I was in the lounge room and heard very, very loud running down the hallway. I figured it was the cat until I looked down and realised he was in my lap.. and so terrified he couldn't move (either). The original owner poisoned himself out the back of the house, and is reported to have ran to the front room (through the hallway) where he died his slow painful death.
- Still get complaints of shadows getting around the house, and noises.
- Was washing car on the front lawn once, and a guy with NSW plates (olds live in SA) rocked up and started telling me stories. He managed to name various generations of people that I happened to know had lived in the house, and told me stories I was later able to verify. Also told me he could never go back into the house.

That said, I've never seen anything. Only heard and felt things that otherwise can't be explained.
Having seen a lot of fully grown adults without prior knowledge of the houses history get freaked out in an otherwise normal looking old house, that alone is enough to tell me something is a bit unusual about the place.

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
interesting things happening David!
I have had similar things happen in several houses too. dads first house where I was until 5 yo we had doors that were locked, unlocked and opened then shut again and relocked. my old man got beat up in the bath room of that house, he was in there by himself. dont know any history on the place though.

in another house while trying to sleep I had my built in robes slide open. another place I have had figures watch over me while I sleep then drift off through the walls.

most recent one is that my grandmother died, who I hadnt seen in 20 odd years (we didn't have a good relationship but supposedly on her deathbed she wanted to see us and the great grand kids.) the night she died which I didn't know until the next day, I woke up in the middle of the night with a figure floating over us in our bed. that was freaky especially when I got the call the next day from the old man saying she had gone.

there definately has to be something happen when we pass on.

My Dad and pastor went into some demon possesses house well like the houses your mentioning and they prayed through it and everything left... it was to help out a guy at church

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
had lots of freaky things happen to us eg We were sleeping one night when our french doors in the bedroom burst open by themselves-no wind and they were locked
When my mother died in the hospice my hubby was at the front desk when the door opened and closed by itself-he was told that things like that always happened there
have had small items thrown off shelf at work -witnessed by more than 1 person

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
100% true

You should come to my work -sometimes things have been thrown - have witnesses

Dynamic

Radio Host
Jul 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I am a skeptic and weird shit has happened to me. For example, I can't sleep in dead silence. If it is quiet, I hear voices chatting away.
Sometimes it is so loud that I think someone has left the T.V on. This could be paranormal, or psychological. I believe it is psychological. Having said that, I am not crazy. Though, I am certainly not sane.

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
I think you're more normal than a lot of people I come across on a a daily basis!

Dynamic

Radio Host
Jul 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
See I have a theory with paranormal stuff. I think the human mind is made to keep you out of danger. If you put someone alone in a dark room they have never been in before, they will go into a corner of the room.

People going to haunted houses, etc, follow this. They are in an unfamiliar environment and their brain is scaring them so they leave. They want thrills so they stay, so their mind makes them see things to scare them back to safety. I think it is inbuilt so we do not get attacked by animals or something like that (Thousands and thousands of years ago).

Having said that, I have seen and heard too much shit to completely dismiss the existence of ghosts. I would like to believe that there is such a thing, but I need to see more evidence.