Reef Discussion

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Gbta Spawning?
OK, it's almost 1 in the morning here in the US and my wife's 130 is cloudy. Her GBTAs looked different tonight, more trumpet like than their normal flat to the rocks. The fish seem OK, inverts and corals are OK and the chaeto is good no distress in anything. Gonna run a test here directly to see if some parameter is off. I opened the top of the tank up just to play it safe, looks like no sleep for me tonight. Has anyone had GBTAs sexually reproduce in their tanks?

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
I have had a pair of haddons spawn and produce plannula, but never a Bta. Turn your skimmer up and this will help to remove the gametes before they have a chance to die which will lead to a tank cycle.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
The skimmer freaked the hell out, produced about 200 ml last night. I dunno what the hell happened, I should have taken pics of what they looked like before it happened. I did pull some water for microscopic evaluation. I only have a 200x microscope here, I can take the sample to university to see what's going on in there. I do know this, these bastards aren't going to do it again because they now have a date with a #10 scalpel, lol.