Off-Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbiereef

Nov 8, 2011
gracemere
i am so touched she is suffering and took the time to send me a message to make sure we where ok after the tc up here she has never met me and was offering her support . i am in a way better place than she is atm struggling with $ but am going to send her some salt in a month or so when i get $$ after clean up is sorted

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Ok generous reefugers! To give you all an idea of the timeline and plan that we are thinking of going with, appreciate your thoughts on this.

Early next week, we will create a new thread called "To Ezza". There will be a little spiel in there about how the reefuge community appreciates her and the time she puts in around the forums and as a group we rallied together to raise some money for medical expenses and also a couple of items to help out with the tank maintenance. The money will be transferred to her account (we have the details!).

At that stage we can also mention that two buckets of salt have been donated and postage covered for them, to be sent 2 months apart as to not cause storage issues. We can mention the donation of the awesome tunze 9410 skimmer and that a member will come and install for Ezza.

We could also unblock ezza from this thread at that point too? We were also thinking of listing all members who contributed (not what or how much, just those who contributed).

What is everyone's thoughts on this? If donations continue to roll in (I totally understand that some would like to contribute but cant right now) I will obviously forward those through also.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Sounds like a stunning plan, cant wait for her to see how many really do care about her and her circumstances.....wonderful job @Sam Parker & @Reefuge too.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Sounds good to me Sam :) I think it would be a really good idea to make a nice post to her and to let her know how much we care!
And to let her know there's a zoa pack on standby for when she feels comfortable to add them to the tank :)

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Yep all good with that Sam. @Wrangy postage was $35 last time and should be the same. Took about a week to get there through Australia post. I have her address so can send it directly. When should I send it?

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
@Grimz - would be awesome if you could look at cleaning it up this weekend and if you and @Jimsim could work out a suitable time to pickup. We will need to work with Ezza as to when we can deliver/setup, but that wont be till after the announcement.

@MagicJ - sure will mate, that is really greatly appreciated

@Bataviacoralfarm - that would be sensational, I'll send you a PM and see if we can work out something.

@BlueBolts - thank you kindly for the generous donation, we are all going to make such a positive impact on Ezza's situation. Thank you!

@The Reefuge (aka the boss) has come up with this awesome poem that a new account "Santa" is going to post early next week. It's a classic laugh with a type of humour I think Ezza will really get a kick out of. Everyone that has participated gets a mention and should be an awesome way to deliver the news

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Would love to donate some Coral for her tank. I am pretty new on here but she was the first person to suggest businesses I should get in contact with . She seems like a pretty genuine person and would love to help her out @Sam Parker
She would absolutely adore that mate! :) You are really generous in making that offer for us and her! It would be an amazing way to get all our support and backing too ;) Thank you so much for chipping in!

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
I think now would probably be a good time to set a deadline for this fundraiser. Time to wrap it up and get everything organised. Replies after this post can be about organising who is doing what, when and how.

Donations should be final by Sunday, 1st March.

I would also like to take this opportunity to say thanks to everyone who took part in this fund raiser. I am very proud of this community and the kinship is one of a kind. Well done to everyone.

Thanks.

Oak Park-VIC

Sep 4, 2013
@Sam Parker- Can you please let me know if there is any other way i can assist also...also check your paypal account please!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.