Tank Journal Archive

Sep 24, 2013
Palm Beach
Frags Galore
Family is overseas and I took the opportunity too drive to some shops in Brisbane and bring some new frags home.

The stand out was Gallery Aquatica. Such a great shop, packed with interesting stuff, like 3D printed gear and a wide collection of frags, specially zoas. Very knowlodgable and welcoming staff, specially Ania. I had the feeling I was chatting to another hobbist and not a shop owner, which is great.

Having Frankie, Reef Secrets and now Gallery Aquatica at a driving distance is allowing me to do something I always wanted to do, build a tank with predominantly aquacultured frags.
At the moment there are only 2 wild corals.

ac1.staticflickr.com_1_831_41063379125_0a20ed9542_b.jpg

Zoa Frags - Gallery Aquatica

ac1.staticflickr.com_1_912_41918739842_99fcf9d45e_c.jpg

Sunny D - Reef Secrets

ac1.staticflickr.com_1_910_41962898151_21fa169d66_c.jpg

Rastas - Gallery Aquatica

ac1.staticflickr.com_1_832_41962887041_7ea816719d_c.jpg

Darth Maul - Gallery Aquatica

ac1.staticflickr.com_1_831_41963165751_5bdbcb67b9_c.jpg

Blue lightning Acro - Reef Secrets

ac1.staticflickr.com_1_968_41244382194_6b5bf18920_c.jpg

Mystic Sunset Montipora - Gallery Aquatica

ac1.staticflickr.com_1_981_28092195568_69f0a1cebc_c.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake - Reef Secrets

ac1.staticflickr.com_1_955_28092259468_2772cdb2ef_c.jpg

Blue polyp Montipora - Frankie's frags

ac1.staticflickr.com_1_981_41918634652_cda9fcce5d_c.jpg

Can't remember the name. Does anyone know? From Gallery Aquatica.

ac1.staticflickr.com_1_956_41244064844_3d1ca6c99e_c.jpg

Acan Garden grown from frags.

ac1.staticflickr.com_1_956_28091501108_94dc665c6b_c.jpg

Red Scrolling Montipora - Frankie's frags

ac1.staticflickr.com_1_948_27093798787_cc99605679_c.jpg

Attachments

jart

Apr 10, 2015
@Franklin, are those all your purchases and the source/shop you bought them from or are they just frags you saw. I'm a bit jealous either way. Lovely selection of frags.

Jacques Pels

Feb 4, 2017
Gold Coast, QLD
Hahaha... Hahaha.. and I was feeling so guilty for the time I spent, and the money I spent today...THANKS Franklin - now I feel much better.
I too had a mission today - get the fish trap from Guppies, to get the Bi-Color angel who is munching at my Zoas and "maybe" the light for the Q tank downstairs...
Well, I got a Prime HD and the trap... and since I was i the neighbourhood anyway... dropped in to Reef Secrets :dead
I think I have been pretty disciplined in fish purchases to date.. and have not added anything new for 6 weeks.... but.... walked past a tank, and had to tak a double-up... a Mystery Wrass !! LOve them to death...last saw one about 15 years ago... and then recently saw the one Frankie has. !!
So solly.. I beg for forgiveness..but I got him.
Then since it's Mothers Day soon... I got our first softie - Sinularia, and for good measure a nice bunch of Zoas. !!
Since I now had the Prime, I set it up, and the new family members are all in the Q tank, under the new light.
Darn - I opened and floated the bags, added a bit of tank water, and left them to unpack the light. Ten minutes later I went to add water - and the Mystery had jumped the gun on me, and was in the tank. HOPE the shock will not harm him, but he looks ok.

I saw the Red Monti at Frankies last week, but did not dare to venture that direction just yet.
Stunning additions mate - well done.
I would give my ... for an Acan grouping like that !!
You mentioned Gallery Aquatica before, but have not made it that far yet - if I do, and she asks, I will tell my wife it is all your fault , right ?

Jac

Attachments

Sep 24, 2013
Palm Beach
I would love a red scrolling monti but I have still never seen one for sale!
Frankie is the man and I think he posts interstate. He has got the most impressive collection of frags I've seen in person.

@Franklin, are those all your purchases and the source/shop you bought them from or are they just frags you saw. I'm a bit jealous either way. Lovely selection of frags.
They are all in my tank and those are the shops I got them from. I haven't bought them all in one go, though. The Acans are with me since Jan 2016.

This is how they were when I first got them:
ac2.staticflickr.com_8_7321_27687405092_d22a8664ae_c.jpg

OMG ill swap you my right kidney for the zoa and acans they are the definition of beautiful.
The Acans are my favourites, as well. They were the only corals I bothered keeping when I moved from Sydney. Luckily they survived the 2 nights they spent on the courier's warehouse.

Hahaha... Hahaha.. and I was feeling so guilty for the time I spent, and the money I spent today...THANKS Franklin - now I feel much better.
I too had a mission today - get the fish trap from Guppies, to get the Bi-Color angel who is munching at my Zoas and "maybe" the light for the Q tank downstairs...
Well, I got a Prime HD and the trap... and since I was i the neighbourhood anyway... dropped in to Reef Secrets :dead
I think I have been pretty disciplined in fish purchases to date.. and have not added anything new for 6 weeks.... but.... walked past a tank, and had to tak a double-up... a Mystery Wrass !! LOve them to death...last saw one about 15 years ago... and then recently saw the one Frankie has. !!
So solly.. I beg for forgiveness..but I got him.
Then since it's Mothers Day soon... I got our first softie - Sinularia, and for good measure a nice bunch of Zoas. !!
Since I now had the Prime, I set it up, and the new family members are all in the Q tank, under the new light.
Darn - I opened and floated the bags, added a bit of tank water, and left them to unpack the light. Ten minutes later I went to add water - and the Mystery had jumped the gun on me, and was in the tank. HOPE the shock will not harm him, but he looks ok.

I saw the Red Monti at Frankies last week, but did not dare to venture that direction just yet.
Stunning additions mate - well done.
I would give my ... for an Acan grouping like that !!
You mentioned Gallery Aquatica before, but have not made it that far yet - if I do, and she asks, I will tell my wife it is all your fault , right ?
You can blame me and I will blame you, when my wife is back :p Nice fish!