News

Would you purchase frag cells for personal use?

• Yes

Votes: 31 86.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
EDIT: Additionally, water insulates well against outside air temp but not direct sun. eg. my garage was 30 degrees yesterday but the tanks were still at 26 degrees with not much surface agitation. No air con or chilling was on either. But, as soon as the sun hit the garage wall the tanks were on, they started to heat up. Then air con got involved.
Not sure I'd call that necessarily indicative of being true for all tanks. One tank in my lounge room made it to room temperature of 29.5C yesterday. It's away from direct light, and usual temp is 25c. The room has no air con, and I've found since starting that system that it fairly quickly moves to room temperature. In a near by room, the temps were at normal op temp for that system of 26.5. My primary system was however running the chiller for about an hour... and I reckon my whole house would fit in your driveway :P

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Not sure I'd call that necessarily indicative of being true for all tanks. One tank in my lounge room made it to room temperature of 29.5C yesterday. It's away from direct light, and usual temp is 25c. The room has no air con, and I've found since starting that system that it fairly quickly moves to room temperature. In a near by room, the temps were at normal op temp for that system of 26.5. My primary system was however running the chiller for about an hour... and I reckon my whole house would fit in your driveway :p
ah alright, house rooms can be very different based on where they sit, amount of windows. I find my tanks can cope with a certain amount of heat then quickly begin to rise after a certain point.
p.s that's a small house!

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
I think these would be great for when you go to a meet or friends place and steal a frag or two. Handy to have in the glovebox :P

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
ah alright, house rooms can be very different based on where they sit, amount of windows. I find my tanks can cope with a certain amount of heat then quickly begin to rise after a certain point.
p.s that's a small house!
Bloody new housing estates. Sardine cans, but bloody efficient in winter.. which is kinda a big deal here!

I've found my data logger. btw... gonna stick a foam box outside next week with some bags of water in it and see what happens :P

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Bloody new housing estates. Sardine cans, but bloody efficient in winter.. which is kinda a big deal here!

I've found my data logger. btw... gonna stick a foam box outside next week with some bags of water in it and see what happens :p
sweet! I was going to do that with morphs inside :P Your way sounds better

25 other members have voted yes to purchasing TheReefuge FragCells.
With all the work & cost's that the guy's here at TheReefuge have put into getting them your chance is now here. :)
TheReefuge FragCells are now available.
Get a group together & K&J will send to one address in each state postage free. :)
Victoria excluded lol :p pick up is from Melton.

@[USERGROUP=8]Victoria[/USERGROUP] @[USERGROUP=9]New South Wales[/USERGROUP] @[USERGROUP=10]Queensland[/USERGROUP] @[USERGROUP=13]Tasmania[/USERGROUP] @[USERGROUP=12]South Australia[/USERGROUP] @[USERGROUP=11]Western Australia[/USERGROUP]

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Just read about it's thermal resistance which is fantastic! Are we just buying them through you @K&J Aquatics ?
If anyone else in the SE suburbs wants to grab any with me, I'll be grabbing a couple for sure.

Fragalicious

Oct 23, 2013
Sunbury
I wouldn't mind picking one up for perform some of my own tests on!

You got those in your hot little hands now, @Synodontis ? Any chance I could come across today and grab one?

Could be a good option for our customers if we can find a way to fit multiple tiles in it :)