Help / Suggestions

JoeT

Sep 1, 2013
Forum Suggestion
I would like to put forward a forum suggestion

How about having a 'how to section'
for example how to raise alkalinity, how to lower Calcium, how to lower nitrate, basically how to raise, lower, dose whatever needs to be done in aquarium keeping, anything and everything from basics to expert.

But If I can add, not so everyone puts their 2 cents in. It would be nice to have a vote on a method and the best voted gets to be the solution that gets put on the how to sticky.

Does this sound like a good idea?

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
I would like to put forward a forum suggestion

How about having a 'how to section'
for example how to raise alkalinity, how to lower Calcium, how to lower nitrate, basically how to raise, lower, dose whatever needs to be done in aquarium keeping, anything and everything from basics to expert.

But If I can add, not so everyone puts their 2 cents in. It would be nice to have a vote on a method and the best voted gets to be the solution that gets put on the how to sticky.

Does this sound like a good idea?
The reefuge wiki might be a good place to start - it does require that people pool together resources though.
http://wikireef.org/doku.php/start

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Cheers for that. If anyone wants to write an article with this info to be added to the WikiReef it would be welcome. We have a content team as well - I'll move this suggestion to the Technical Support/Suggestions/Feedback forum and alert them of your post.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Good suggestion @JoeT - might be a good idea to have an 'Issue of the Week' i.e. just tackle one thing at a time. Maybe a good starting point would be a thread asking for input into what needs to be included - they can then be ticked off as the weeks go by.

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
A good thing to add would be what to look for if you don't want to buy the chemicals in bulk, and can be found in a supermarket ie. Magnesium = Epsom Salts etc.
I know of a fair few that new reefers wouldn't know of unless they did a huge google search, trying to find the "household" brands/names etc.

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
Instead of starting a new thread i thaught i would just jump in here.
A section for specifically setting up group buys. If there already is one, my bad, but I've been unable to locate a specific sectioning for it, and i think it may be a good idea and make it easier for people to jump on the bandwagon. Giving it some restrictions so there is for instance a set minimum time before the order is sent out and perhaps an active timer or something on it so that you can always see how many days there are until the order is to be sent out ect. ect

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
A section for specifically setting up group buys. If there already is one, my bad, but I've been unable to locate a specific sectioning for it, and i think it may be a good idea and make it easier for people to jump on the bandwagon. Giving it some restrictions so there is for instance a set minimum time before the order is sent out and perhaps an active timer or something on it so that you can always see how many days there are until the order is to be sent out ect. ect
@The Reefuge has been working on this - some info is available here http://www.thereefuge.com.au/threads/group-buys-sneak-peek.8361/

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
waiting for this one too @The Reefuge has been working on this for a little while so im sure its going to be awesome!