Reef Discussion

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
If you have critters your vet might be agreeable to writing a script for you to get it. I'm lucky, I have a wife who's a vet tech so if I need something, she gets it for me.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I was lucky, I have a very understanding doc who was quite interested that Fluconazole worked in a marine tank. He wrote me a script for the most economical outcome. He even asked how the tank was going next time I saw him.
Maybe just ask nicely and explain the situation.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I was lucky, I have a very understanding doc who was quite interested that Fluconazole worked in a marine tank. He wrote me a script for the most economical outcome. He even asked how the tank was going next time I saw him.
Maybe just ask nicely and explain the situation.
yeah I tried that and got a 15 minute lecture......

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
A lecture about what? I'm curious as to why they would give you a "raft of shit" as we say here in the US. I could see it if you asked for a 50ml vial of morphine, but fluconazole?
It's a prescription medication here in Australia. The doctor didn't take too kindly being asked (even though I was polite) for a prescription for a fish tank

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
It's a prescription medication here in Australia. The doctor didn't take too kindly being asked (even though I was polite) for a prescription for a fish tank
It is here too, but I asked a few other docs about it and they said they wouldn't have an issue scripting it for aquarium use.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I don't think it is prescription in the states? You guys can buy it off the shelf, even from aquarium companies?

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I don't think it is prescription in the states? You guys can buy it off the shelf, even from aquarium companies?
It is prescription here too, the FDA looks the other way when it's used in aquariums. You can buy it off the shelf, but I can get it dirt cheap through my wife. It's stupid expensive if you buy it repackaged for aquarium use.

BP

Oct 12, 2012
I Have had mixed results with this it does do the job but algae will grow back just as quick if the problem for it growing in the first place isn't solved
I went to my local vet and explained my situation with a few pictures of my tank and information on my i pad about how it has been already used he took the information on board and with in a day or two called me back and was able to give me a script worked very well my anemones were my main concern and it did not affect them at all