Reef Discussion

malau

Oct 13, 2011
Flat worm
Hi All,

I got some acro from an online LFS few months ago and I forgot QT it. I saw some FW last month so I got Tropical Marine Pro Coral Cure (or something like that). Instead of treat the corals every 2 weeks I did once a week for 2 weeks instead then stopped (which is really really silly)..

Anyway 2-3 wks later (i.e. now) I saw another batch of FW is coming... since I have no idea how many are they in the tank (not in the acro)... I am planning to do the weekly treatment for my acro in QT tank for at least a month or so but leave the rest (soft corals) in the (frag) tank and see if the FW in the frag tank disappeared eventually...

Do you guys think if my plan works? or any other suggestion? I was thinking get a 6 line wrasse however since I have some mysis shrimps swimming in the tank so I dont want to get anything eat them...

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
six-line wrasse also the green spot mandarins love the flatworms, last resort you can always use flatworm exit?

malau

Oct 13, 2011
Thank you for the reply.. so far I use the Tropical Marine Pro Coral Cure (pretty much iodine) so far is ok... at least I saw some flatworm during the dip... plus I cant find flatworm exit in Sydney which is sad thing...

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
buying online would be the best option.
using iodine? havent heard of that one before! :confused:
when using flatworm exit remember to siphon them out as they die!

malau

Oct 13, 2011

Actually my situation is not that bad so far... they are still tiny (~1-2mm) and hard to see when mixed with my turbo snail babies..... but yeah I will move all my acro to other tank first with the iodine solution while waiting for the FWX