Reef Discussion

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
Flame lobster
Hi all,
Anyone here have a Flame lobster ?
I had one years ago And i'm very keen for another one some time soon .
As i don't see many around, Just wanted to know if anyone has one atm ?and there thoughts of them ?

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
When i had mine, He would run up the highest rock point and jump off , Then run back and do it again, and again,
It looked like he was trying to out do his best jump , funny to watch ,

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
I think he was just entertaining himself ,
only for a while until he got bored of it , He also grew out of it when he got older ,

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Good luck getting one of those past quarantine Luke. Don't you realise that if one of those got loose in Tassie waters it would decimate the local rock lobster fishery :D - thats if it survived 5 minutes in our fairly cold water.

i get them all the time there is no problem getting them in australia ... they are found here

no nick they are not 100% reef safe .. they can be kept with allot of reef fish ,,, but i had a customer who lost his nemos to them ..lmao

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
Good luck getting one of those past quarantine Luke. Don't you realise that if one of those got loose in Tassie waters it would decimate the local rock lobster fishery :D - thats if it survived 5 minutes in our fairly cold water.
I bought one from a store a few years ago Here in Launceston , Knowing the owner it would of gone through Quarantine , I also got a clam from him as well ,
Quarantine is a bit inconsistent . But it was all legit .

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
Agreed - I got a stromb through Jez a few months ago. Quarantine had a quick look throught the box and approved it even thought a stromb is not an approved species.
I think that is an offence... Im not trying to be the fun police or anything, I would probably try it too! but knowingly importing an illegal/banned/controlled(whatever) species would be frowned upon im sure!