Off-Topic

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
Fishing
So anyone here into fishing or is it only fish keeping?

I try to get out as regularly as possible but the winter fishing options in adelaide aren't that great, luckily now coming into spring/summer things start to fire up a bit more. Hanging to chase some yellow fin whiting shore based this summer

also lucky enough that my old man has a rather large boat and a holiday house at a pretty decent little fishing town 3 hours from Adelaide, so take every chance I can get to head over there and chase snapper

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I love me a bit of fishing... would have been out snapper catching this weekend if my stupid sister in law didn't decide to get married :(

Where abouts do you go thats 3 hrs from adel? yorkes, port augusta or down south?

now for some detective work... im going to eliminate the south as its crap for snapper... and port augusta is not great either you would have to go further, say whyalla. Now that leaves yorkes... but 3 hours from adelaide would take you right down to marion bay... now if you have a holiday house down the bottom end of yorkes and you think that winter fishing in SA is crap then you are doing it all wrong! You should be standing knee deep in 12degree water with a 40 knot wind in your face trying to trick the salmon into eating a shiny piece of metal with a hook in one end! What could possibly be wrong with that!

This is what I did last time I went fishing... in front of the port augusta power station!

[Broken External Image]:http://www.thereefuge.com/attachments/kingoffish-edit-jpg.640/

V

'vspec'

Holly Crapolas, I dont know what is more scary, that fish, or the fact you still have an electric stove! lol

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
Nice kingy! still on the top of my to catch list right next to a legal mully, hooked a biggun in autumn this year down the bottom of yorkes but lost it after getting it to the shore when it decided it had one last fight and ran me straight into the rocks busting me off, caught heaps of soapies though.

Our place is down at Edithburgh, probably closer to 2.5 hours away. and don't get me wrong I have spent plenty of hours down at southport chasing winter salmon and we also get our bigger snapper during winter, but summer just opens up a heap more species to chase

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
That kingy was a big tick in that box... they are like a unicorn... I have been trying to catch one for about 10 years and it finally paid off!

I want to get a big mully this year and get the magical metre snapper... my biggest so far is 87cm.

Hopefully with some decent weather this year we will be able to get out to our tuna spot and get me a couple of them too :D