Reef Discussion

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
Fish What To Get Next?
SO I've been battling for a while, about a year and a half ago I got ich and lost my flame angel,clown and my little pajama cardinal.

Tank at the moment is 3ft long, think 15cm front to back and 18cm tall (all im sure on is the length) I always end up looking at fish stuff in a quiet spot at work and never have the details handy.

Current fish -
Wrasse (small 5-6cm long purple head orange body) I think it's called a two tone wrasse
2x Clowns - 1 frostbite one regular, they've paired up
1 fire goby

I think I've got room for maybe 1 more or 2 more fish if i go small ones, all my levels on nitrate phos and everything like that has been fine for ages.

What I'm thinking is something useful like a blenny
Really got my eyes set on either the midas blenny or the ember blenny. Do they eat anywhere near as much algae as a lawnmower? I don't have much algae going on but only a few snails so I've gotta clean it up every now and then so looking for a 2 for one in this pickup. Something to clean and something that's pretty active. No tangs so i think only algae eater available is a blenny??

If all goes well with a blenny addition I'll look for something else if the tank still looks a bit empty

In other news, is 2x trochus and 2x money cowrie + a few hermits enough CUC for my tank or should I be adding more? I've added a stromb but they only seem to last a few months in my tank then die

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
You reckon I can have a tang in this 3 ft tank long term?

I don't want to have anything stressed, what's the smallest breed of tang there is?

I'm looking at a Starry Blenny, just seeing if my LFS can get one. I always try my local but they kind of forget and i end up going elsewhere and feeling like a traitor

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
Yea, I don't think I'll go a tang might be downsizing the tank soon depending on where I move towards the end of the year.

Watched a few more videos on the starry blenny, such a cool fish and seems to do alright with the algae so pretty keen on one of those