Off-Topic

Andrew Riggs

Nov 26, 2017
Fish Street - Bad Warranty Rw25
Fishstreet have bad warranty on RW-25 wavemakers. I would stay clear of this store, rip off artists. I bought 2x RW-25 for US140, and one impeller stopped turning within 4 months. Their answer (sic): "it is a consume part, like printer ink. Needs to be replaced after 3m. You can pay US75 for another one and it wont break". Can you believe they tried to up-sell me to another model? I tried several times to get a reasonable outcome, but no luck - see below (my bold highlights). STAY AWAY

HI Andrew
For the Jebao Pump SW and RW is a consume goods, it is like a printer ink when it operation a time for 3 month to 1 year need to change a new unit. If for your controller or power supply is failure, we cover a new replacement without problem, but this consume goods, it is not include on it, hope you can understand we given for you discount to let you upgrade
Eric

HI Andrew
Yes, if you require RW15 motor parts is USD35 per unit for the consume goods, just like a printer ink, when it using it will need time consume to replacement, why not 1 time to upgrade as this discount offer?
I have a good solution for you , the rw pump is require replacement within a year. If you do not want to damage again. I can offer for you discount for QP16 wavemaker 2017. it will not damage. I offer USD75 include shipping, send you a controller and pump, not include a power supply, you using rw15 power supply to running it.
Eric

My reminder:
Hi Eric
I would appreciate your reply in this matter. I want to know if you are going to fix this problem or not. I want you to know I will be reporting you to the department of fair trading in NSW Australia if you do not respond with a fair outcome. I will also make multiple postings on every reef forum thread about my poor experience with your store including the unacceptable email below where you suggest I buy another 75 USD replacement 5 months after buying the first - and claiming it is a "good" solution.
Andrew

My reply :
H
i Eric
Perhaps you misunderstand my request. I bought the pump only 5 months ago in June17. It would be completely unacceptable to ask I pay for another one to replace it after so little time. That would mean you offer zero warranty on the pump. And then will the replacement one that you want me to buy break again in 5 months? Clearly this would be unacceptable to any customer. I want either a free replacement pump or a full refund. That is the fair solution to this. Looking forward to your response.
Andrew

Reply 19-Nov-17:
HI Andrew
I have a good solution for you , the rw pump is require replacement within a year. If you do not want to damage again I can offer for you discount for QP16 wavemaker 2017. it will not damage.
I offer USD75 include shipping, send you a controller and pump, not include a power supply, you using rw15 power supply to running it
Eric

My question: 19-Nov-17:
I purchased 2x RW-15 on 1-Jun, 1 stopped working 1 month ago. I tested it using the other still-working one. The controller is OK, the powerhead is broken (impeller does NOT turn). How can I get warranty service?

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
He and I have had it out about these goddamn impellers Andrew. The issue is that they're machined too damn tight so when the calcium and other minerals adhere to the shaft, it stops. Soak the motor, shaft and impeller in white vinegar for an hour or so. GENTLY try to move the impeller, it may take up to an hour to get it free, but it will free up. They piss me off to no end, but once they've "self-machined" themselves they're trouble free. I have several that I've had for 4 years. Once they seat themselves, that's it.