Mandarins and sand sifters

Reef and fish safe eel

You'll see I'm still looking into them all though

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
also posted this in your tj.
Hey Sven :welcome
I have a Pair of anthias in my tank, i have squamis (lyre tails)
they are great fish, mine arnt picky with food at all although most people seem to loose them from not feeding them enough.
Anthias need to be feed multiple times a day. so rather then one or two larger feeds. 6 smaller feeds over the day will help sustain them. definitely one of my faverite fish tho if i could fit more i would.
it is also recomened to have larger groups and picking ones out that are currently eatings to maximise your chance of survival.

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
the mandarins will be fine in that tank. they are a great little fish to have, very interesting!
Yes, I agree, mandarins are fantastic and are quite able to defend themselves (toxic skin secretions and a spine on each cheek). In choosing your mandarin, make sure that is looks "plump". You can only keep one male to a tank (males are larger than females and have a long dorsal fin), but you can keep 1 male to several females. Once they settle in, and if you are lucky enough to get them eating frozen mysis, they are indistructable. Here is a link to my pair in the act of spawning - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdL2upfooyk

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
the fish in with my mandarins are Amphiprion percula (Percula clownfish). They are the smallest growing of all the species of clownfish. However, although they are small, they can pack a punch and will not hesitate to attack fish twice their size if they invade their terrotory. I have seen Percula clownfish distroy Premnans (one of the largest and most agressive of the clownfish).
If you are after a species of clownfish that looks almost identical to the Perculas, but is much more easily going, is more availible, grows slightly larger and is relatively inexpensive, go for Oscillaris clowns (Amphiprion oscillaris)

rosechaser

Jul 14, 2011
Sydney
Interesting thank you, would love to see that battle...but love the look of the Clarkii but the Barrier Reef Clown (Akindynos) looks similar but is more placid...I am told.

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
I have a pair of occies in my tank and they are peacefull as, actually they are some what sooky lol. I have had them since small and one is starting to get somewhat larger than the other. they may even be considering to pair, not that I am interested in breeding them as such. they probably still have a decent time to go before that happens. if they do breed I wont be removing the fry, they can be left in there for food, the emperor should take em no probs, possibly even the chromis too.

from what I have seen with clowns the tomatoes are pretty agressive, had them in my brothers shop and they were constantly nagging all the others in the tank.