Reef Discussion

camillo

Oct 22, 2011
sydney
feeding euphyllia corals
i was just wondering how people feed their euphyllia corals..i always think i should be spot feeding mine, but i never have..i feed my entire tank about 6 times a day while I'm at home. like ill just get up and put some pellets in there every now and again, and then once a day ill put some mysis shrimp in for a proper feed and i turn off all my pumps while i do that. i always think that my euphyllia and catalaphyllia will just get some of the shrimp when i feed the entire tank..i also supplement with amino acids twice a week, and I've seen significant growth in all my corals since i got them just by caring for them in this way..but i was just curious as to what other people do and think about it, cause most people I've asked make sure they individually feed their corals..i just figure that this wouldn't happen in the wild so the way I'm doing it should be ok.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i don't feed mine anymore but it does make them happy. frozen mysis and brine works a treat. squirt it into their tentacles and it will grab onto some of the food

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I am a big fan of frozen mysid for feeding corals. And I just started feeding them spirulina as well (I like things with a double use - I put spirulina in fresh juice for myself too). Don't recommend using the mysid for anything but fish/coral food though... ;)