News

E

ezza

That's what we pay him for, now get back to work or I'm gonna get the whip out again.
I thought that said you were "going to whip it out again" o_0 I really need to wear glasses at home more often.

I rarely use the journals anymore. I actually like the unique layout a lot but a couple of things do put me off, those being:

• The very limited time we are able to edit a post, even for VIP's. It simply doesn't suit my style of working.
  • The inability to save drafts and continue on where I left off (I have kids and I'm always getting interrupted).

• Lightbox - what can I say but arrrghhhh. It doesn't stop me writing a journal but it stops me reading them as it rarely works at all for me, ony any of our 3 pc's each running a different windows version (xp, 7, 8.1 64bit).
I have to say the draft issue often stops me writing detailed posts or DIY's anymore, like I used to.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
@Ian3145 my text always saves here if I don't submit the post. It sounds like your issues could be caused on your end?

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I rarely use the journals anymore. I actually like the unique layout a lot but a couple of things do put me off, those being:

• The very limited time we are able to edit a post, even for VIP's. It simply doesn't suit my style of working.
  • The inability to save drafts and continue on where I left off (I have kids and I'm always getting interrupted).

• Lightbox - what can I say but arrrghhhh. It doesn't stop me writing a journal but it stops me reading them as it rarely works at all for me, ony any of our 3 pc's each running a different windows version (xp, 7, 8.1 64bit).
I have to say the draft issue often stops me writing detailed posts or DIY's anymore, like I used to.
I'll agree with you on the editing time. I understand why the restrictions are in place but if we are talking ideal user experience, then editing posts would be allowed. For VIPs at least.

Likewise I'll secpnd the light box hatred. I find myself usin workarounds to view images which isn't ideal.

Saving drafts though - I thought this was in place already? Or is the issue that you can only have one draft post at a time? So if I save this draft I then can't save another. Sounds like a pretty big task.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
@Ian3145 my text always saves here if I don't submit the post. It sounds like your issues could be caused on your end?
I have to agree - I have a post that I have been working on for 3 days that has been saved in draft format. At some stage I will finish the post, hit 'Post Reply', and all will be good.

I guess I should have been clearer, My mistake.

I should have specified the ability to save multiple drafts AND most importantly to keep a draft as well as publish - for later additions.

I'll agree with you on the editing time. I understand why the restrictions are in place but if we are talking ideal user experience, then editing posts would be allowed. For VIPs at least.

Likewise I'll secpnd the light box hatred. I find myself usin workarounds to view images which isn't ideal.

Saving drafts though - I thought this was in place already? Or is the issue that you can only have one draft post at a time? So if I save this draft I then can't save another. Sounds like a pretty big task.

A prime example is equipment list on a tank journal or the basics list you do when you set up a tj. They seem to be set in concrete yet such things are in reality, dynamic.

As for lightbox, it is the ONLY thing I truly dislike on these forums. It is useless & created a PITA out of a very simple process.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012

I should have specified the ability to save multiple drafts AND most importantly to keep a draft as well as publish - for later additions.
I agree with the unlimited editing just for tank journals. This takes care of the later additions.
I think the only problem is that just editing a post doesn't give any notification for other users. So unless it's a popular thread, no one will probably even read or notice the edit.
I have saved a draft that I am working on in Microsoft Office before. But it is very rare that I need to do this.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
A prime example is equipment list on a tank journal or the basics list you do when you set up a tj. They seem to be set in concrete yet such things are in reality, dynamic.

As for lightbox, it is the ONLY thing I truly dislike on these forums. It is useless & created a PITA out of a very simple process.
Hi @Ian3145,

The equipment list on the journals can be updated. It is not set in concrete. To update it, go to your tank journal, select "Tank Journal Tools" and then select "Edit Tank Journal Description". This allows you to change the tank journal name and information (equipment list) found in the journals sidebar.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011

Hi @Ian3145,

It is already possible to be able to save multiple drafts. Not only is it possible, but there is an auto-save feature too, so you don't actually need to manually save your draft, it does it as you type. I'm not sure what you mean by keeping a draft and publishing it. If it is published, it is no longer a draft.

Thanks.