Help / Suggestions

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
F.A.Q
Hi everyone,

I seem to get a few messages here and there with random questions. I will post them here.

#1 - How do I send someone a PM?

Simply click on their username and select "Start Conversation / Private Message" in the popup window. Alternatively, you can go to the users profile, click in "Information" and select "Start Conversation / Private Message".

#2 - How do I add friends to the chatbar?

This is a little bit different as it works in reverse. If you "Add Friend" someone (also found in the little popup box) it will allow the user you added to see you online. When a user adds you back they will show up in your chatbar.

#3 - What does follow do?

"Follow" adds the user to your newsfeed (http://www.thereefuge.com/account/news-feed). This means when a user updates something, even if you are not involved in the thread, you will still be able to see what the user has updated.

#4 - How old is The Reefuge?

The Reefuge went live on Jul 15th, 2011. It had some BETA testers, and a few members making posts before it completely opened in August 1st, 2011.

#5 - How do I join a state group?

To join a state group you simply need to make 20 posts on the forums. Once you have made 20 posts, you will automatically be added to your states dedicated forum. There are no membership fees, and it is completely free to join.

#6 - How big is my inbox?

Your inbox does not have a limit. You can store as many messages in it as you like.

If there are anymore questions, please post them here and I will update this thread.

Thanks.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Can you tell me more about Facebook Integration? I started to go through the process, however some of the wording I wasn't sure I wanted - eg. The Reefuge having permission to post on my wall on my behalf.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi Megan,

The facebook intergration is so you can log in to this website via facebook. It makes signing up really fast and easy.

The posting permission is simply if you "Facebook Like" on a page of these forums, if your account is linked to your facebook it will post the "liked" content on your facebook wall. It will not allow The Reefuge access to your wall to post anything aside from what you allow it to.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
How come the list of members and non-members who are currently online doesn't appear in the right hand column any more?
Hi daveH,

The Reefuge is growing in features and in size. To make way for new sections of the website, some things have had to get moved. You will now be able to find all of this information at the bottom of the forums index page.

Thanks.

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
how come i can access the shops? access is denied
Have you checked through your account settings/preference? There is a place in there that asks you whether you are a private or business (Well something along those lines). Just pick an option and that should fix your problem.