Reef Discussion

potatocouch

Jan 16, 2014
Sydney
Elegance Coral - Yellow Tip & Hammers/torch ... Lps - Feeding
HAPPY FRIDAY TO ALL OF YOU REEFUGEERS !!!

I had a quick research about Elegance Coral and it seems that they have bigger mouth than other LPS (Hammer, Torch et al) ...

I have this frozen prawn that I used for cooking and eating .. it is made in China (I should made that clear) because nothing made in China is free from preservatives ... My first question is: can I chop this thawed piece of prawn into say hmmm 4 - 5 chunk bites, turn off the wavemakers (return still on) and put 1 piece a day at a time into the Elegance?

Second question is: if the thawed piece of prawn can be used from the 1st question, do you reckon if I cut it into smaller chunk bit for hammer and torch, do you think it will take it?

Last edited:

webber555

May 28, 2012
Holsworthy, NSW
I wouldn't risk it. Just get some fresh uncooked prawns from the markets/deli and use that if you want to use prawns. You would have to chop it pretty fine though. My elegance loves mysis over anything else - it gets some when I feed the tank. I only target feed it once a week, and not that much - only a little per mouth (although it has about 10 mouths :D).

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
No, get local prawns (for yourself as well!) and chop them quite small. That's what I feed mine and it's thriving. Don't try and get anything too big down it's throat, it won't like it.

I watched a doco on this once and if you saw how they farm their prawns, you'd be sick.

Ziggy

Jul 6, 2015
Adelaide
I have an Elegance coral that bought last week and looooooove it! I haven't spot fed it yet... but I guess I won't be feeding it foreign shrimp....