Off-Topic

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
electrical apprentership and a car?
hi everyone just wonderinf if anyone knew of someone that wants a first year apprentice to become a sparky, i have my oh&s white card, first aid certificate, i have done my career start in electrotech, its like a pre app, i have finished vce, and also if anyone is selling a v6 manual ute in Melbourne would be good :D, thanks alot

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
good luck matey! getting a trade is a good thing, once you got it you can then go out on your own if you choose to.

just wishing ya all the best mate, cant help ya with a job or car though. jump on to the trading post website, should find heaps!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
good luck with the adventures. getting into a decent job is the hardest bit. for cars have you tried car sales? manual commodore utes are allways over priced. as are hilux's. why a ute may i ask?

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
cheers matt, want a ute becasue if im going to be a tradie i need to transport tools, wires n stuff like that, i also have a racing go kart ad its a pain in the ass always taking trailers, when i can just put it in the back, plus they do good burnouts :P haha

rusty1

Jul 21, 2011
Gold Coast QLD
cheers matt, want a ute becasue if im going to be a tradie i need to transport tools, wires n stuff like that, i also have a racing go kart ad its a pain in the ass always taking trailers, when i can just put it in the back, plus they do good burnouts :p haha

Maybe consider a van. Easier to lock tools away, completely waterproof and less likely to lose your license and viechle!

Plus they are better value when buying 2nd hand.

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
as a sparky you will want a van, You will end up will shelves full of odd's and ends, spools of wire everywhere, tools everywhere, few ladders on the roof. Too hard to run as a sparky in a ute, and keep everything away from prying eyes plus it's a pain for storing ladders etc.

I don't reckon you will find many sparky's around with ute's unless they have a fully enclosed 6x4 trailer full of all there stuff. Although most decent places will provide you with a stocked van once you get to the point of working on your own

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
cheers josh, yeh i got offered a aprentership doing fire systems but i didn't really want to go down that track. n yeh as a apprentice i wont have to carry much around apart from spools n tools, untill i am fully qualified then il get a van