Off-Topic

marineclass

Jul 12, 2011
Gold Coast
Einsteins Who Owns the Fish' Riddle
Here is a riddle that Einstein created. Apparently only 2% of the population can work it out. There is no tricks or 'one line that gives it away' - just think and work it out on paper. It took me a good half an hour to get it so unless your super smart - dont expect to get it in 5 minutes.

Dont post the snwer in here incase others are wanting to figure it out - and yes - you can find the answer all over the internet but thats cheating! Good Luck

There are 5 houses in 5 different colours. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage.
The question is: Who owns the fish?
Hints:
· The Brit lives in the red house.
· The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
· The Dane drinks tea.
· The green house is on the left of the white house.
· The green homeowner drinks coffee.
· The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
· The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
· The man living in the centre house drinks milk.
· The Norwegian lives in the first house.
· The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.
· The man who keeps the horse lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
· The owner who smokes Bluemaster drinks beer.
· The German smokes prince.
· The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
· The man who smokes Blend has a neighbour who drinks water.

marineclass

Jul 12, 2011
Gold Coast
haha - yea it is tricky - its like sudoku though - youll think your stuck then youll see something obvious and it will lead to finding a lot!keep trying :D

marineclass

Jul 12, 2011
Gold Coast
It is a challenge and i thought i had done well to work it out - then i was humbled when three 9 year olds in my class worked it out! haha

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
It is a challenge and i thought i had done well to work it out - then i was humbled when three 9 year olds in my class worked it out! haha
Hahah that's epic. You sure they didn't have a phone between them and googled that?
Not that it's so much difficult as it is just a matter of working through it - all of the information you need is in there after all. I've sent it to some engineers to see if they can work it out :P

marineclass

Jul 12, 2011
Gold Coast
no way they can get their phone inot my class! haha. But like you said - its all there, just have to work it through. Every new piece you find leads to a whole lot of useful information!