Reef Discussion

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
eating pellets
dont you love it when you bring fish home from an lfs and two days into qt they start eating pellets ! only a pair of decoras but still i think thats pretty quick to be on dry food

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Ive heard Cairnes Marine only feed their fish pellets/NLS It sometimes worried me does than mean they are half staved to death when you get them, but ive seen increasing more and more fish take to it straight away now so they must be doing something right

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
first night avter acclimation tried pellets didn't want any so went to frozen and they scoffed it.... mon night they had a nibble but didn't seem to interested but tonight they smashed em !

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
CM have been doing this for awhile, one of the reasons I like to purchase fish from their facility. They may not of been weaned fully but for the most part they know the pellet is food.

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
CM have been doing this for awhile, one of the reasons I like to purchase fish from their facility. They may not of been weaned fully but for the most part they know the pellet is food.
CM does not feed only pellets. Pellets make up only a small portion of the diets fed to their fish. For the most part they are fed with enriched brine, mysis, tuna mince and chopped mussels. I can delve into their fedding regiem but don't think it is nessecary and has probably changed sine I was there...