Tank Journal Archive

Damo

Jun 4, 2012
Ipswich
Damo's Custom 3 Foot Guppy Setup
Well after sarge mentioned there was a freshwater sub-forum i thought i would share my guppy tank. This tank took about a year to finish building. Due to money constraints and me being stupid and not measuring anything properly the time it took was very painful to finish off.

I first had a friend of the family build me a stand and hood to match a tank i already had. But i didn't measure the tank properly and the stand when i finally got it back home it turned out the tank was too big for the stand. I then had to get a new tank made. At that stage i changed jobs and i was making less and less money. When this happend it was about april last year. Fast forward 11 months to march this year and my wife informs me that for my birthday i could get my tank made. I commissioned Dennison at mary-annes to build the tank and to save the hassle of measuring wrong i packed the stand in the car and took it down.

3 weeks later i got everything home and started to get everything connected. I had to get new filter media and new light. then i remembered i had no substrate which put me back another week. After everything i ahd gone to get this done it was great to finally get it up and running. i had all my guppies split up with males in this tank and females in my office tank then i had the idea of a marine tank so i took the office tank. Then i bought a new tank so i think i might keep some endlers or something. Enough talk time for pics.

About a week after i had it going

afarm8.staticflickr.com_7085_7115398095_812be9ce36_c.jpg

afarm8.staticflickr.com_7181_6969318334_ef5af4d883_c.jpg

afarm9.staticflickr.com_8146_7115402109_32bb00b648_c.jpg

afarm6.staticflickr.com_5447_6969322234_a053a035b2_c.jpg

It has changed little now i have started adding more plants. I have never had any luck with plants but these plants are doing well. I also have done a java moss wall on the whole back glass of the tank which will come into growth soon i hope. Ill post more pics when it comes more into a bit of growth.

Cheers

Damo

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
I quite like this tank Damo.. I love simple yet elegant design especially in freshwater tanks. They look so much better then a tank jammed full of plants, unless there planted properly. Whack up a few more pics! Keen to see this java moss wall and your additions!

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
After Michelle pointed out that we do have a fw section it was great to see some of the tanks, love your guppy setup! Are you breeding them or just keeping them to enjoy?