Help / Suggestions

Elias

Nov 15, 2011
Berwick
Currency For A/c Upgrades
Ok, so it's been a little while since I financially contributed to The Reefuge, and I thought I'd kick the tin again, but what gives with the USD$? Go to pay $5 and end up having to pay AUD$6.63.

I might be on my own here but I find this a bit odd for an Aussie site.

Maybe @The Reefuge might be able to shed some light on this one.

Hope I'm not been an arse for bringing this up.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi @Elias,

Thanks for signing up to a VIP subscription :)

The site is not Australian, it is now open for the entire world to be able to join in on the conversations. I had put up an upadate about it, located here. When the switch was made, The Reefuge moved from thereefuge.com.au to thereefuge.com. All prices were then also converted to USD. At the time, the Australian dollar was worth more than the United States dollar, and so it was cheaper for Australians. Unfortunately now it is more expensive.

When you go to purchase a VIP upgrade, it tells you the cost with the text USD next to it (near the "Pay With Paypal" and "Way With Wallet" buttons). Is there something I have missed changing on the site that lead you to believe things were all in $AU? If so, please let me know so I can change it asap (It is possible I missed something),

Sorry about that. If you like I can give you a full refund and a month free VIP access?

Thanks.

Elias

Nov 15, 2011
Berwick
Nope, you've missed nothing. It's all there. Just never looked. Never thought to consider currency so I completely overlooked it. Never mind. My bad. Clearly a lot has changed around here.