Off-Topic

Dynamic

Radio Host
Jul 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Crazy two days
So, I had a wedding to attend on Sunday night, got home late, and was stuffed for work the next day. I get to work, and behind the storage areas for the chemicals some cat had a bunch of kittens. I grabbed one and the others got away, took him home, took him to the vet and decided to keep him (4 weeks old). This morning Mel rings me up and tells me he is sick. She takes him to the vet, and unfortunately he passed away by the time they got there.

I felt really shit the entire day, same with everyone else. Mel could not stop crying the whole day so I went and purchased a kitten from the pet shop. Too much...

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
What a horrible experience for you, sorry to hear! I go through this with wildlife rescue, where you invest a lot of energy into helping an animal, caring for it around the clock, and it dies, so I understand how you and Mel feel. The first few days are the hardest for animals that aren't yet weaned. You did your best by the little guy, you should feel good about that, well done guys :)

Dynamic

Radio Host
Jul 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah it is really sad. The only comforting part is that when Mel was holding him he did not cry at all, only when she put him down. She held him for 3 hours and he died. Feel so bad about the little guy.

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
sorry to hear this guys, its hard to lose any animal you get attached to, and even if it wasa short time you two still had an attachment to the poor little bugger.

very sad indeed, Im sure Mel must feel terrible too.. my condolences to you both. I had a similar experience with a little sparrow, found it at the bottom of my stairs on my porch, it passed in my hands too which was hard as I could see the poor bugger fading, im sure your kitten is in little kitty heaven playing with balls of yarn and lots of yummy stuff to eat :) best way to look at the situation.